Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year, New Me!

PhotobucketSo, this is the time when "resolutions" are made...and in a few weeks we'll say this is the time when those "resolutions" are broken.  In my case, of course I want to become a "new me".  I am setting out to lose some weight, get fit, and enjoy life!  I did so well during the summer last year and I have let myself go, so to speak during the last few months.  I've put on 13.5 pounds since my last log on to Weight Watchers!!!  Honestly, that number surprised me, because with the way my clothes are fitting I thought it would be more.  Not only have I put on weight, but I just feel yucky.  I am tired all of the time and have zero motivation!  I am out to change that.  Have you seen Jennifer Hudson lately?!  She was on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year telling her story and she also sang.  She looks amazing!!!  What an inspiration she is.

I know WW works because I have done it before.  The plan has changed a bit.  They now have "Points Plus" and it looks like fruits and veggies are points free, so that's a great thing.  I am looking for WW recipes and tips for those willing to pass them along.  My e-mail is in the side bar and if you have any resources, I'd be interested.  I have many recipes from when I was doing the plan before.  My husband and I both lost weight and felt much better!  I am out to get fit and healthy!

Photobucket
Last week I bought the New EA Sports Active 2.  I have only done one work out on it and I must say that I love it SO MUCH BETTER than it's predecessor!!!  I have used EA Sports Active Personal Trainer, EA Sports Active More Workouts.  It is a great program and I highly recommend it for those of you who might be like me and cannot find the time to join a gym!  You no longer have to use that corded nunchuck, so there are no restrictions or limitations especially when trying to run or use the resistance band.  Oh, and the leg strap...no worries it is no more.  You do have a strap on the leg, but it fits much better and has it's own built in sensors.  There is also a heart monitor arm strap which I LOVE!  You can see your heart rate on the top of the screen at all times!  What a brilliant idea.  There are lots more resources but I will not go into them here.  Suffice it to say that I am super stoked about the new program and beginning a new work out regimen!

Best of luck to you in whatever endeavors you take on in Twenty - Eleven!  Happy New Year from my home to yours!!!

0 comments, add yours here: