Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Year, New Me Day 1

Yesterday I explained how I am working on a new me this year.  I am incorporating a lifestyle change including eating healthier and working out.  I have really let myself go over the last few months and it is something I really have to work on!  I can and WILL lose weight, get healthier, and feel better!  I've done it before and I will do it again.

PhotobucketYesterday was Day One of my new lifestyle.  It was a great day in spite of a killer headache.  I'm not sure if it was diet related or if it was the PMS fairy visiting.  Either way, I managed to keep it under control most of the day.  I had to go grocery shopping and I got all of the ingredients I needed for some new dishes as well as some old family favorites that we ate before when we were doing Weight Watchers.  The house is fully stocked with LOTS of fresh fruits and veggies.  I did find today that I had way too many points left over at the end of the day.  As it turns out, fruits and veggies (for the most part) are all points free now so I was trying to find enough things for dinner to make up all of the points I needed.  Tomorrow and going forward, I will adjust my menus to compensate for this.

I started the 9 week challenge on EA Sports Active 2.  I am excited about this new program as well.  I am really digging the new work out format.  I love that there is no nun-chuck cord to get tangled up in.  The heart monitor totally rocks!  I am looking forward to getting back into a work out regimen but not looking forward to the way I will feel the rest of this week.  I remember last time I started the EA Sports Active work out, I was so sore from all of the squats, rows, etc that it hurt every time I moved...even squatting on the toilet!  Oy!

I did my measurements this afternoon and took some "before" pictures.  I have decided not to post them here today because quite frankly I am just not ready.  Maybe in the future when I lose some weight I will be able to post them proudly.  But, as of now this is the way I look and I'm just not proud so I am not posting them here. 

In the mean time, through hard work and lots of dedication I will be working on those "after" pictures!

Happy New Year!!!

3 comments, add yours here:

Akelamalu said...

I'm back on my healthy eating plan too and went back to the gym today beside doing Pilates and yoga for 30 minutes this morning.

Good luck!

Blessed Mom said...

I am with you girl. I noticed that Kroger has their Lean Cuisines on sale 5 for $11. I bought 5 for my lunches at work last week so I didn't get tempted to eat out. I actually did a good job. I took my lunch everyday. I am trying to incorporate changes in all of our diets this year. I have a couple of Jillian Michael DVD's I got last year and she will kick your ass. I couldn't sit on the potty for 2 days without my hamstrings screaming out in pain. Good luck girl! I know you can do it!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thanks, Ladies! Your support and encouragement helps!!! I am looking forward to being back on track and seeing the results that come along with being active and eating right. :) Best of luck to you both.

Thanks for stopping by.