Tuesday, May 05, 2009

DVD Review - A Plumm Summer

If you're looking for a great movie to watch with the family, this is it! My kids loved this movie so much we watched it twice in the same day. I liked it so much that I didn't mind! As I watched, I knew that I recognized a voice on the show, but I couldn't place it. Suddenly I realized that it was THE voice. It was the voice from Desperate Housewives! I didn't recognize her face right away because she has only appeared in a few episodes, but she narrates every single one. I'm referring to Brenda Strong, the voice of Mary Alice Young. She plays the wife of Happy Herb who is played by Henry Winkler (The Fonz!). The movie is narrated by Jeff Daniels, and also stars one of my favorite "Baldwin Boys", William.

The story line in this movie is great. "Froggy Doo", a Howdy Doody type character is kidnapped in front of a live audience leaving Happy Herb broken hearted. Five year old Rocky is devastated so he and his 13 year old brother, Elliott set out to find the kidnapper before the fumbling FBI. They enlist the help of a new girl in the neighborhood, Haley. In this movie, the kids learn much more than who kidnapped Froggy Doo. It's a beautiful story that all parents should watch with their kids.

I give this movie two thumbs WAY up. Go get it and watch it WITH YOUR KIDS! It's available today via Paramount Home Entertainment.

0 comments, add yours here: