Tuesday, January 27, 2009

DVD Review - Mirrors

Last night after playing Wii Fit for a while, my favorite show was on. Hubby and I both love 24. Keifer Sutherland is the main character in Fox's non-stop action drama series. He is one of my favorite actors. I love the types of characters he portrays, from Jack Bauer in 24 to Ben Carson in the new horror film, Mirrors.

This movie got fairly disappointing reviews, but I didn't think it was all that bad. There were some scenes that were a bit over the top, but when watching a horror film, I think that jaw-dropping impossibility that can make you say "eeeeew" and then sqirm a bit in your seat is necessary. Usually I don't go into a full on horror movie with the frame of mind that this could "actually" happen. In fact, it's more fun when watching if you don't! This is definitely one of those movies.

When you get to the point where you are ready to turn it off because you can't handle anymore, don't! It gets better. The ending is worth watching the whole movie. Take a peek at the official movie website here. You can pick up a copy of the DVD in stores now. It includes both the theatrical versin as well as an unrated version, behind the mirror featurette, deleted scenes and alternate ending with optional director's commentary.

2 comments, add yours here:

Amazing Gracie said...

Thanks! It's always good to hear from a person whose opinion you can count on! We like Keifer, too.
One of my favorite "oldie" flicks is "The Bad Boys," (I think that's right) where Keifer plays the head of a vampire gang. One of the "Coreys" place opposite of Keifer. I love the sound track - one of the bands that plays on the boardwalk is one that we've seen in person and I love the music.
If you haven't seen it, I really recommend it!
~~~Blessings~~~

Sandra Carvalho said...

I've seen this movie!Loved it!
xoxo