Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Little Mermaid

One of my favorite Disney stories has always been The Little Mermaid. There was always something so captivating and charming about the beautiful singing mermaid who had such high expectations for humans. Plus, Sebastian and Flounder made for such great comedy. My favorite song was always "Kiss The Girl". My daughter has the soundtrack and I love to play this song and sing along. I was very excited to receive an advanced copy of The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning. It will be available for your viewing pleasure on Tuesday, August 26, 2008. This story goes back before Ariel met Prince Eric and walked on land. In this story, music was banned from Atlantica. This story still has the characters we loved in the original Little Mermaid, Sebastian and Flounder. We also get to meet Ariel's wacky sisters as Ariel is torn between her love of music and the duty to her family. I liked this DVD, although I am partial to the original. It is always fun to get the back story to a beloved, timeless classic. It is a great addition to our Disney collection as should be yours. It is also available with Disney's Fastplay which I LOVE! If you have kids I'm sure you've heard hundreds of times, "MOM, come start the movie for me!" Fastplay will automatically begin to play a movie from the menu screen AND after the movie plays it will replay it for those of you who have children who will watch the same flick a zillion times!!!

If you're interested in finding out more about this upcoming release or other Disney movies, check out Disney's website. In the meantime, look for this movie on shelves beginning August 26.

1 comments, add yours here:

Tina said...

i loved this movie when i was younger. i knew all the words to her song back then and still do now *hiding face!*