Monday, January 21, 2008

Manic Monday - Date

MM Headquarters ~ Previous MMs


Since Brien and I began dating at a very young age (16) I went on very few dates before he and I got together. I was very shy when I was younger and I had a complex about eating in front of boys. I dated a guy and he was very tight with his money. We would go to the dollar movies for our date, he would always offer dinner but I was too scared to eat in front of him.

The first time Brien took me on a date, I remember going to a place that had a salad bar. I only ate salad followed by broccoli and cauliflower with ranch dressing. He kept asking me if that was all I was going to eat. He got a steak and baked potato. I remember when he brought me home, Mom asked how the date went and I told her that it was fine. He was a really nice guy and I liked him a lot. I headed for the fridge. She asked why we didn't eat dinner. I told her that I had just eaten light and was hungry again, then I proceeded to pig out in the comforts of my own home, away from all boys!

Back then, Brien thought I was a cheap date. My how times have changed!

Manic Monday Participants
1. Comedy Plus
2. maryt/theteach
3. Ian
4. Jamie
5. Gattina
6. Idaho Daily Photo
7. Jantrails
8. Jantics
9. Jannaverse
10. Nancy Liedel - The Goat Rodeo
11. cheerio
12. manic mo
13. Shelia
14. Blog That Mommy!
15. Desert Songbird
16. Travis
17. Will

Learn more about Manic Monday here.

Get The Code

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

19 comments, add yours here:

Sandee said...

I never had that issue with dating. I loved your last sentence. Yep, that sounds right. Have a great MM. :)

maryt/theteach said...

Tisha, oh yes, weren't we dumb pretending to not be hungry? I did the same thing. Good thing we changed from being cheap dates, right? :)

Ian said...

That's an interesting complex; I've never heard of it before. Is that something common among teen girls?

Ian

Durward Discussion said...

What a delightful courtship story. It's nice to know you are dining a little better now.

Gattina said...

Hehehe, first dates are so funny when you think it over now !

RW said...

All the good cheep date girls are taken!

Janna said...

Salad and broccoli and cauliflower?

No wonder you were hungry!

I would have been starving.

Cheerio said...

That is really funny. It reminds me of me too. AT least you had a salad. Me I only ordered something to drink. Till now, I still don't know why that was so.
Mine is up too.

Schmoop said...

I know several women, when younger, and some still today, that do not like to eat in fron of a man on a date. Cheers!!

Shelia said...

Hi Crazy Working Mom! My sister and I never had that problem, because when we first started dating we asked my mom, "mama, were you nervous to eat your food in front of your date when you were dating?" she said "hell naw, I'd eat off of his plate!" LOL...so that cured that very early on.

Neila said...

I think most women were nervous about eating in front of a guy. Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking. We should have been shoveling in as much as possible when someone else was paying for the meal! :-)

Akelamalu said...

Oh you should have had a steak followed by dates! ((wink))

Desert Songbird said...

I hope Brien has taken you out for steak a few times since then.

*grin*

Becky L said...

i was the same way about eating in fron tof other guys

Tawnya Shields said...

This brought back memories for me. I was painfully shy like that. Thank goodness I outgrew that and graduated to belching. LOL!!! :o)~

Travis Cody said...

We're all a little quirky when we're teenagers, aren't we?

Happy MM!

Maggie Moo said...

Haa ha haa! That's wicked funny. On my first date with my ex-husband it was my first day of not being sick (I had the stomach bug for a week before that) and I wolfed my food down in a minute flat!! When I looked up he was just staring at me and he said, "Um...you were really hungry, huh?"

I guess you had to be there...

Heart of Rachel said...

I wasn't comfortable eating during dates too when I was young. I would make sure I ordered something light and easy to eat.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

My husband nor I,either one would eat in front of each other.Yeah its not like that anymore....LOL.