Monday, January 21, 2008

Just my thoughts

Like a lot of folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I
pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In
order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test
with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people
who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine
test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for
them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on
their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone
sitting on their butt, doing drugs, while I work. . . .

Can you imagine how much money the country would save if people had to
pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Matt Man, are you listening? This could be your platform!

**I did not write this. I received it in an e-mail and it reflected my opinion so much that I thought I should post it. What do you think?**

11 comments, add yours here:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

AMEN! I agree wholeheartedly!

Schmoop said...

This came up on a radio talk show that I listen to. I may add it to my platform, at first glance I have no problem with it. Cheers Tish!!

Upward Falling Autumn said...

"Shouldn't one have to pass a urine
test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?" - That is a poignant statement! I've never heard it put that way, but it's an excellent point!!

Anonymous said...

I agree ! !

Everyone goes through a tough patch and we should help. However, it shouldn't be a way of life.

They would argue that we are taking food away from their babies. But if they don't pass a drug test they should be with their babies anyhow.

Desert Songbird said...

Amen I say to you! I have a problem with people holding their hand out for a handout.

Sandee said...

Exactly Tisha. Exactly. They should have to in order to get Welfare. It will never happen, but it should. Excellent. I hope Matt-Man runs with this. That would be a hoot. Have a great day. :)

Unknown said...

Definitely a good point and a great platform for Matt-Man.

Linda said...

You get an "Amen Sister" from me on this one! I had to collect welfare for a little while when I was left with a 6-month old son by my first husband but it wasn't a way of life for me, it was a crutch until I could get back on my own two feet. I never abused it and I think it's horrible that so many people, but not all, do.

Fratzels said...

Amen, sister! I can't agree with you more....although, I do have more to say on the subject...like if they get my tax money maybe they shouldn't be allowed to have fake nails and highlighted hair (neither of which I can afford because I am trying to save enough of my pitiful check to pay my extreme property tax)!

Write From Karen said...

I absolutely, positively agree with you.

Did I mention absolutely? *grin*

Seriously, it's a problem. This country's policies need serious revision, IMO.

Write From Karen

Mo and The Purries said...

Amen, sister-friend!