Monday, September 10, 2007

Underdog The Review

As promised, a review of the movie Underdog. Shelby and I saw the 2:00 Sunday matinee of Underdog, a Disney production. The basic outline of the plot is that a lab accident gives a hound named Shoeshine some serious superpowers. This is a secret that the dog eventually shares with a young boy who eventually becomes his friend after his father hits him with his car and brings him home to befriend his son who recently lost his mother. I don't remember ever watching the cartoon as a kid, so I can't say how close to truth that the movie was but it was a pretty good movie. We both liked it. It seemed rather short, though. The running time was just a little over an hour. I would give it a 6 out of 10. Definitely a thumbs up. If you have kids, it's a safe bet for them because of the running time. It keeps their attention. There were a few "scary" parts for my daughter. She was scared of the "bad guys". But, she sat in my lap during that time and she was fine.

1 comments, add yours here:

Desert Songbird said...

Thanks for the review. My kids have been wanting to see this, and we've just never gotten around to it.