Thursday, August 09, 2012

Happy 7th Birthday Tyler

Tyler Matthew Black
Born August 9, 2005 @ 10:58am
8lbs 2oz 20 3/4" long


7 years ago on this very day, my husband and I were on our way to the hospital "discussing" what we were going to name our first (and only) little boy. I liked the name Tyler Matthew. He preferred Matthew Tyler. I have a long and difficult to spell and pronounce (THANKS MOM!!) name, Latichia. So, I didn't want my son to have the same difficulty I did in school. After laboring 5 hours and having the baby before the epidural could kick in, when the little guy was born everyone looked at us as to what they were to call him. My wonderful husband proclaimed, Tyler Matthew. Upon this proclamation, I asked why he changed his mind? He insisted that since I went through all of that work to get him here, the least he could do was let me choose the name. I sure do love that man. I love both of my men.

Happy 7th birthday, Tyler Matthew. 
Mommy and daddy love you!!!

4 comments, add yours here:

Becca said...

Aw - love that picture. Great story too!

martha black said...

Tell Tyman that mammaw loves him and wishes him a wonderful,blessed and fun full day. Your cake is in the oven!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

A perfect name for a perfect little man! Hope Tyler had a happy birthday!

@Dayngr said...

My goodness the time sure has flown by! Happy Birthday little guy!