Saturday, April 30, 2011

Living Beyond Myself

PhotobucketThe Women of our church are doing Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself - Exploring The Fruit Of The Spirit.  I started teaching the little kids (Tyler's class) on Sunday nights, so I don't get to be a part of the class anymore.  I REALLY miss it, but I have been doing the workbook independently at home.  I like to get up early in the mornings and work on it.  It's refreshing to beat the kids out of bed and grab a cup of coffee and have some one on one time with my God and my thoughts!!

This morning the weather was perfect.  It was a little crisp with a light breeze.  The birds were chirping and I decided to move my study outside on the porch swing.  What a beautiful thing to just be alone with God as he pours his wisdom out over me through this study!!  I am on Week 7 - The Kindness of God.  This morning I did Day 1 & 2.

Day 1 was about being a nurturing parent.   One of the key points I picked up on was "God sized problems don't fit women-sized hands".  This one really hit home for me.  Sometimes as a mother I try to take on everything and do it all.  But, in reality it only builds stress for me and causes me to become burdened and then in the end when it all comes crumbling down...who usually takes the fall?  My family!  On Day 2, Beth made a fabulous point that "we will never be successful as parents to our children until we are successful at being children to our Heavenly Father"!

I am so refreshed this morning after this intimate study and time with my God!  Thank you Lord for giving me these words that I so needed to read this morning.  Sometimes we can become so overwhelmed with the day to day chaos that is life that we take for granted the ultimate task!  Being a parent is not only a great job and huge responsibility, but also a chance for me to show my children our Father's love!  What an honor and a privilege this is.  I know that I will make mistakes along the way.  That's okay because our Father is there to pick up the pieces and make me whole again.  As long as I show this to my children, that we all make mistakes, but we are forgiven I believe that I am doing the job that he has prepared for me to do!!

Remember, people are not looking for you to have it all together.  They are looking at what happens when you don't!!  (More Beth Moore wisdom)

0 comments, add yours here: