Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New Year, New Me Day 2

Day two of my healthy new lifestyle started off great.  I was pouring my first cup of coffee at 5:30 and found myself singing.  YES, I said singing at 5:30 in the morning.  I felt great.  I was refreshed, and ready to tackle the day, no matter what was thrown at me.  Boy, did I ever eat those thoughts!!!

Against my better judgment I gave Emily chocolate milk because she threw such a fit wanting it.  Let me reiterate that this was against my better judgment.  I knew that she should probably not have milk since she was vomiting and had an upset stomach on Monday but she was kicking and screaming.  I will spare you the details but suffice it to say that I should not have given her the chocolate milk.  It was with a heavy heart that I stayed home with her again.

With that being said, I managed to get a work out in and had a great work-out partner to boot!  Day two of the 9 week challenge on EA Sports Active 2 brought back nightmares memories of the original EA Sports Active Personal Trainer and all of those squats that made me almost unable to walk for days. I must say I could definitely feel the burn after today's work out.  I am worried that I will feel it for a few days in fact.  OUCH!

Photobucket
I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight and had a very skeptical husband. He was wondering what the "back up" was before he even tried them. We had Gina's Spinach Lasagna Rolls from Gina's Skinny Recipes. Of course mine didn't look nearly as beautiful as hers, and I did deviate a bit from her recipe because I didn't have any sauce on hand, but Emeril Lagasse helped me out with some of his original recipe sauce.  For a more enticing photo, check out the link to the recipe above.  Mine weren't nearly as pretty, but they did taste awesome!!  Although it was a little more prep work than I care to do normally, it wasn't too bad.  I've come to the realization that cooking healthy will require more work than the norm, but it is worth it to lose weight and know that I am feeding my children healthy food! The lasagna rolls had a great taste and fit into my points perfectly! I added extra since I deviated to the recipe but still ended dinner with a nice side salad as well as a slice of whole wheat toast sprinkled with olive oil and topped with  garlic powder. If you're looking for delicious recipes that fit into your Weight Watcher lifestyle, check out Gina's site. I will be trying out a few more later this week and I will let you know what I think!

0 comments, add yours here: