Monday, October 19, 2009

Just Say No To Spam!

It seems that as of late I've been getting a lot of spam. Not the oooey-gooey meat like substance in a can, but those annoying comments left by idiots. It's something that I've never had to worry much with. Of course I'd get the occasional comment here or there but it has not been much of a problem. The trouble is that these spammers do leave comments. Sometimes they even go to extremes to make the comment relevant to the post. But, the one I got yesterday topped the cake. The post below titled Time for Mom To Let Her Hair Down was a post about an upcoming trip I am taking with my best friend to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our friendship. It had absolutely nothing to do with the length of my hair. THIS comment was left by a spammer:

"Long hair is better! I love long hairt instead of short hair ! "

Obviously the comment was deleted. Not because of the fact that it had no relevance to the post, but simply because it was spam. To future spammers, if you want to send me an e-mail we can talk about getting a link to your company on this site the proper way, but spamming my comment section is not tolerated and it completely uncool. Obviously I don't like to sift through these sort of comments like searching for diamonds in the middle of a diamond field, but in order to maintain the quality and integrity of the comments left by those who actually read the posts, I will do whatever it takes.

So, how about you? Are you getting annoying spam comments as well?

12 comments, add yours here:

Sandee said...

I get tons of it too. I delete most of it, but I'm sure some sneaks by me. I wish they would stop too, but I doubt they ever will. I've noticed it's been on the rise as well.

Have a terrific week ahead. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Desert Songbird said...

I used to get SPAM comments, but since I started moderating comments, they've stopped.

Tina said...

im the same. get one every couple of days but the idiots dont realize i moderate all my comments so i just reject them lol

its like you said if they want a link to their site they have to pay for it ;)

Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Game FreakZ
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack

Deb said...

I get a lot of those too. Thankfully most get caught as spam but I do go through every so often and delete any that made it through. Frustrating! :(

Linda said...

Yep, I sure do and I delete them all. I especially hate it when they try to be sneaky and duplicate a comment that someone else has already left. They must think we're complete and total idiots to not realize that it's a spam comment - or that's probably what they're hoping for!

Akelamalu said...

I've noticed an influx of spam too recently. Grrrrr....

Travis Cody said...

I delete spam also.

Vixen said...

I do get the craziest spams. I need to start saving them so I can do a post on how funny they are. I usually just laugh and delete, but it could be a fun post.

PS I really love long hair too.

ha ha ha ha

Patois42 said...

Not seen much ever, really. Of course, only two people read my blog.

I prefer long hair, too.

Marilyn said...

I had some problems with it early on, but since my lazy period when I posted about twice a month, it has gone away.

I like short hair.

maryt/theteach said...

Yes, Tisha, I was getting a lot of spam but I reinstituted the word verification and it seems to have stopped I think...

Willa said...

Spammers are trying to out smart bloggers, but I don't think they can get away with it regardless of how hard they try to make their comment sounds like a legit one.