Monday, October 19, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Ride Day

A few weeks ago we took the kids to the county fair on "armband day". We purchased an arm band ($15 each) and were able to ride all of the rides we wanted as many times as we wanted. The kids had a wonderful time and I LOVE to ride the rides, so it's fun for me to have them at an age where they can ride with us. Tyler and I had a fun time riding rides together. Shelby rode with my niece and sister on most of the rides. My little guy loves the big rides. He refused to ride the kiddie rides. He's such a thrill seeker. Even when he first began to walk, he would hang from ceiling fans and candle sconces at the house to get airborne. Okay, well maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but he did (and still does) LOVE to climb. Unfortunately, his baby sister seems to be following in the same steps as her brother. *sigh* As evident in the photo above, he does love to stick out his tongue. No amount of threatening can break this habit. It seems to just be second nature to him. Must have something to do with the "snakes and snails and puppy dog tails" theory.

To check out more Ruby Tuesday photos, click the graphic below. Thanks to Mary for hosting such an awesome meme!

8 comments, add yours here:

DrillerAA said...

County fairs are just the best. I haven't been able to take one in for several years now. something always seems to come up.
I've got a grand daughter that will ride anything! She's been that way since she was three. There's at least one thrill seeker in every family. Have a wonderful Ruby Tuesday.

Linda said...

That looks and sounds like so much fun - what a great picture! Unfortunately there are so many rides that I can't go on anymore as now that I'm older they tend to make me sick whereas when I was younger I could go on anything and never bat an eye. The Tilt-a-Whirl is sadly one of them.

chilly said...

Great photo! I used to love that ride. Made me sick every time I got on it, but still a lot of fun riding.
Now days an inner-ear problem won't let me ride a lot of anything. I get dizzzzy...... lol

Have a great day! :-))

Desert Songbird said...

I love the big coasters, but, sadly, I'm not allowed to ride them anymore because of my heart condition. My kids run hot and cold; sometimes they like the thrill rides, other times not.

Auntie E said...

Love those fairs. Look like you all had a lot of fun Indeed.

maryt/theteach said...

You two are adorable, Tisha! Even though he has his tongue sticking out! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

Willa said...

Sweet! I always love going to the County Fair, they always have something for everybody.

Lori said...

Tisha, this is my all time favorite ride and Kaitlyn and I rode it together for the first time this year.