Saturday, March 28, 2009

Weight Loss: The slow, hard truth

Since hubby and I are both living a low carbohydrate lifestyle at the moment, we've been eating a TON of beef jerky. I love to keep it around for a snack when I get the urge. I've always had a sweet tooth and it's hard to satisfy that urge on low carb. I do keep around sugar free jello, but it's just not the same as a big ole hunk of chocolate. My kids like beef jerky as well, but there is a new sort of jerky that they love. Pineapple jerky is available online from jerky.com. Yes, you heard me right, a fruit jerky! I did have a few nibbles last night and it is out of this world. If you like pineapple then you've gotta give this stuff a try. Jerky a great snack for traveling. We had a play date Thursday and I threw in a few pieces of this for an afternoon snack and the kids were thrilled when I pulled it out. It's dried pineapple with all it's glorified sweetness with a touch of honey. It's naturally delicious and simply gratifying.

I've lost nine pounds in the last three weeks. I've also logged a fascinating 10 hours on the Wii Fit. I'm super excited about the progress I'm seeing, all be it slower than I am accustomed to. There's something about having three kids and being in your thirties that slows down the weight loss process. Anyhow I'm trudging on with happiness that I am at least seeing some results. Now, I'm off to find some beef jerky to nibble upon. I think I've flung a craving on myself...and since I can't eat chocolate, the jerky will have to do.

5 comments, add yours here:

Becca said...

I'm so proud of you!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thanks, Bec! :)

Anonymous said...

You're doing great! Oh my gosh!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I'm supposed to be getting some of that too! :o)

LAC said...

I had no idea beef jerky was actually good for you. My hubby is going to be soooo happy if I start stocking that in the snack cupboard.