Friday, March 27, 2009

Looking at the Sky on Friday

Photobucket

For information on Looking at the Sky on Friday, including graphics click here.
To find out why Looking at the Sky on Friday was created, click here and here.
I took this shot because I loved the way the clouds looked like they were painted in the sky with beautifully brushed strokes. It's not as dominant in the photo as I'd have liked for it to be because at the time I didn't have a great zoom lens and I didn't want to get the neighbor's house in the photo. I got a new zoom lens last week and wouldn't you know it, it has rained almost every single day since. Beautiful weather to come, hopefully and I'll get to try it out! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks to everyone for playing along!!! If you've posted a sky photo don't forget to sign Mr Linky so others will be able to visit you easily.

23 comments, add yours here:

Jim said...

Trisha, it does look like YOU could paint that sky. It is very pretty with your normal lens. Of course a house doesn't belong when you are bragging about the sky.

My weather guy is saying right now that your clouds may be dumping snow tomorrow. We finally are getting some rain down here in Texas.♥ :-)
..

Dianne said...

it's pretty as is Tisha, it's hard sometimes when you have to try to shoot around something, sometimes I try both ways - with the house in and out - and then I'll try cropping

have fun with your new lens! :)

Tink *~*~* said...

Tisha! I love that little smiley face in the post below :o)

TGIF!
Tink *~*~*
Fort Myers Beach Moon

Ralph said...

Actually, the slight detail adds so much to the picture. Just the mere wispy hints of pastels seems to make the blue sky all the more beautiful!

GalleryJuana said...

The clouds really do look like they brush strokes of paint.

Have fun with your new zoom lens!

Terri said...

Beautiful clouds!

Amazing Gracie said...

Good luck with the new lens! I like the softness of the sky. You wouldn't believe how difficult that can be in oil painting... It requires a very light hand and good brushes!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend - no more sickies.
~~~Love & Blessings~~~

Mom Knows Everything said...

That's very pretty!

Susan Cook said...

Great picture. I love the colors! Hope you get a chance to try out your new lens.

Tina said...

yes i was going to say the clouds like swirly. that is really cool!

Callie Ann said...

I haven't been playing lately, I mean who really wants to see the plain gray sky over Oregon every week... Things are changing soon though... Happy Day

Cathy said...

i love the colors of the clouds and how you described them as brush strokes--so true!

Linda said...

I've got to say that cropping is my friend as it's the best way for me to get undesired elements out of my pictures! Those clouds most definitely DO look like brush strokes - very, very nice!

Mo and The Purries said...

Even though it's supposed to be cloudy today, it is sunny.
So maybe the grey yukky rain predicted for the weekend will pass, too - at least the weather dude changed the forecast from the S-word to rain!
My post is one I know you've commented on before, but it's one of my favorite sky pics.
Have a great Friday,
mo

maryt/theteach said...

Mine's up Tisha! I like your shot and it does really look painted! :)

Misty DawnS said...

Tish, lemme give ya a piece of advice - do NOT complain about the rain. I was complaining about the rain - and NOW, we are supposed to get up to eight inches of snow tomorrow with extremely hazardous driving conditions! So, I'm just warning ya - do NOT complain about the rain - Mother Nature is being a bit of a smart alleck right now!

As far as your photo is concerned - it's very beautiful, and it really DOES look like a painting. I love the subtle colors in the clouds too.

By the way - what kind of camera do you have and what lense did you get?

Kim said...

Trish,

I love your photo! I think I'm going to participate in this one but for today I'm going to refer back to a post that I just did yesterday. I do hope that is okay with you. Next week I'll do a different post just for this.

Glad I found this one!

Kim

Desert Songbird said...

Zoom or no zoom, it's still a lovely photo, Tisha.

storyteller said...

Yup ... it DOES look painted and lovely ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Maude Lynn said...

Wow! They do look like brush strokes! Pretty.

Sandra Carvalho said...

OMG!You're sooooo right!It looks like they were painted in the sky!Absolutely gorgeous!!!
xoxoxo

teeweewonders said...

What gorgeous wee feathery clouds. They can't possibly contain any nasty surprises. :)
I looked at the sky too - and saw a sky that was darker than it will be for a long time. :)

WillThink4Wine said...

Oh those are beautiful brush strokes, Tisha! Sorry, I'm late! It's been a rough week.