Sunday, December 28, 2008

Eagle Eye - "You've Been Activated"

We were watching Eagle Eye this morning when this conversation ensued:

Shelby:  Does she know who she's talking to?

Me:  Who is she talking to?

Shelby:  The guy from the Transformer movie!!!

Yes, Shia LaBeouf is in this movie.  That was the main draw for me.  Transformers is one of my favorite action movies.  I gotta admit that I watched a lot of transformers when I was younger.  I had a little brother.  Transformers and Ninja Turtles were our program of choice as we enjoyed our after school snack of choice, Little Debbie snack cakes.  Of course all of this is way off topic reguarding the review of the movie, Eagle Eye.

The cast of characters in this movie include, the above mentioned Shia LaBeouf, Billy Bob Thornton, Michael Chicklis, Rosario Dawson, and Michelle Monaghan to name a few.  If you have a bit of "Big Brother" Paranoia, then this movie will only add to your fears.  Eagle Eye is a secret sector of the American Government located in the Pentagon that tracks our every move via every viable bit of technological information available, such as cell phones, lap tops, street cameras, and so on.  It is an action packed adventure that will leave you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next big revelation.  In order to give a synopsis of this movie, I'd have to give away a lot of the plot that unveils throughout the movie.  I don't want to spoil it for those of you who plan to watch it, but you can go see the trailer here, at the official Eagle Eye site. If you love action-suspense thrillers then add this one to your list of must sees! It's a great movie that will keep you guessing and waiting for more. I enjoyed every minute of it.  LaBeouf's performance in this movie is stunning.  Suffice it to say I'd give this one an A+.  It's available TODAY on DVD and Blue Ray from Paramount Pictures

6 comments, add yours here:

Anonymous said...

Oh not seen this one, might give it go after the A+ you've awarded it. :)

Amazing Gracie said...

Thanks, Tish! I was looking for some good movies for New Years...

Sandra Carvalho said...

I can't wait to see this movie!I saw the trailer and found it really cool!
xoxoxo

Fenway said...

I will definitely check it out for Michael Chiklis!

Michele said...

I love action/suspense flicks and had forgotten about this one! I'll add it to our Blockbuster queue or send hubs to get it. Thanks for the review (and not giving away the story!). :)

Cheryl Wray said...

I've wondered if this is any good. It's actually at the dollar theater and was thinking of going to see it. I may try it now!