Saturday, October 04, 2008

Saturday Photo Hunt - Sad

My 72nd

This Week's Theme: Sad
This photo was taken right after I had Emily. Shelby was sad for two reasons. The first reason was because she walked in and saw me laying in a bed with an IV, and lots of other strange cords and needles protruding from my body. She would not come near me for a while. When she did she loved her baby sister and she was sad all over again when she was told that she could not bring her baby sister home with her that day. She was even more sad when she realized that she had to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa. It's rare to capture Shelby in a photo without her beautiful smile. I am glad that I don't have too many photos like this one!

22 comments, add yours here:

stan said...

she's a real sensitive one.

Anonymous said...

When we see our first born this way, we know they've grown in a way or two.
Have a good weekend!

PastormacsAnn said...

Boy, she really did have a lot to be sad about. Glad with you that you don't have too many photos like this one! Great photo for The Hunt though! Thanks for dropping by.

Lisa said...

Oh she was very sad and for good reason. I'm sure that sadness didn't hang around for too long. Thanks for visiting - happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

poor thing!! must have been traumatic for her. i hope she's ok now.

Anonymous said...

So bittersweet! But Shelby was just worried about her Mom and new baby sister.

jams o donnell said...

Such a sad face but then she was so concerned for her mum and her baby sister!

Heart of Rachel said...

I could imagine how sad and scared Shelby was when she saw you in that state. I'm sure she now understands what you went through.

Ana said...

Oh my, long time I haven't been at your blog. I love your new header pic, such cute little pies! I hope you are all doing okay now! *Hugs*

Daisy said...

What a sweet girl to be sad about those things. I'm glad she is not sad very often.

Carver said...

She's a beautiful child. I understand how scary that was for your daughter.

Akelamalu said...

Aw poor Shelby. :(

Granny said...

Bless her heart! When you are young it's so hard to understand what is happening. I am sure she has had many happy times since then!
Your photo was perfect for this week's theme!

Sandra Carvalho said...

Damn!!!Woman, first you make me laugh hysterically, then you make me cry!...Shes's gorgeous and she's a sweetie!Bless her.
xoxo

Patois42 said...

What a great backstory to explain the sadness. Great photo as she still is gorgeous in the throes of tears.

Desert Songbird said...

I'm sure it was scary for her to see you like that. My kids are always sad when I have to go in the hospital.

Sandee said...

I can understand her being sad. She is such a lovely young lady. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Linda said...

Even sad she looks beautiful!

Staci A said...

She seems like a sweet little girl. I hope she is feeling much happier!

Anonymous said...

Aww... she is such a darling. My daughter was the same too when I was admitted to hospital. This is a great picture for PH! :)

ipanema said...

oh, never mind, she's got her whole life to be with the little angel once she's out of the hospital.

congratulations for the new baby!

Dragonstar said...

Poor sweetie! She had good reason to be sad.

I'm sorry I'm so late visiting - haven't had a spare moment this week!