Thursday, May 22, 2008

Conversations with Tyler

I think that this baby girl has settled in deep into my lower back and made herself quite comfortable. The problem that I have with her comfort is that it is causing me serious DIScomfort! By the end of the day I am nearly in tears because my back hurts so bad. Tonight I got on my knees and put a pillow on the couch and rested my head on the pillow and let my belly dangle in mid air to relieve some of the pressure. It helped a bit. Tyler was very concerned, though when he found me in this odd position.
Brien was outside mowing the lawn. Tyler came over to me and began to pat me on the back and the conversation began.

Tyler:
"Mommy, do you want me to kiss your back for you?"

Mommy: "No, baby. I just need to be left along."

Tyler: * raises my shirt & kisses my back with VERY cold lips, I cringe* "Mommy, are you okay?"

Mommy: "Yes, baby I'm okay. My back just hurts really bad from your baby sister."

Tyler:
"Are you going to die, Mommy?"

Mommy: "No, sweetie. Although it feels like it, mommy is not going to die."

Tyler: "I will go get Daddy for you and he can put you to bed so you don't die, mommy."

**For the record, I am still alive, but I think that it's going to be a long 3 months!**

9 comments, add yours here:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh gosh, so sorry. i don't remember anything like that happening to me, but who knows, it was so many years ago... hope you get pain free soon.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

How sweet is he...
Best wishes for you and the little one - AND your back. You know - maybe a physiotherapist would be able to give you some advice on how to get more comfortable. Also, if you can get hold of some "heat lotion" (you know, the smelly stuff, with campher oil among other things) and get hubby to give you a light massage - that may help too.
Best of luck to you!

Sarge Charlie said...

countdown to the end of pain, now we know why there is a mothers day....

Linda said...

I still remember Amanda having her feet up in my ribs throughout almost my whole pregnancy - ugh!!!

Good luck to you!

Sandee said...

I'm so sorry that your back hurts so bad. Three more months too. Yikes. Tyler is such a cutie and he just wanted to take care of mommy. What a precious little man. Have a great weekend Tisha. Get some rest. :)

Anonymous said...

Our youngest was positioned wrong so as a result, my wife had unbearable backpain during her pregnancy.

If it's any consolation, I think your WW are hilarious. Did you do this or you just found them.

Travis Cody said...

He's a sweet little guy. I suspect he will be a terrific big brother.

CastoCreations said...

That is SO freaking sweet!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you! the pain in my lower back at the end of the day is almost unbearable!