Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This time change is a mess!

This time change is really taking its toll on me. Here it is 10:00 and I'm not the least bit tired. I am sitting here blogging when I should be sleeping. I go to bed late and can't get up on time. This morning is the second morning in a row that I hit snooze way too many times. I got up and was rushed trying to get myself ready and then it was a fight trying to drag the kids out of bed and make them get dressed. We were hurried out of the house this morning. I had my hands full of strawberry milk, dry cereal in baggies, my purse, coat, etc. I got halfway to work and realized that I had forgotten to lock the dog in his crate! He's 4 months old now and we've left him out a few times but it hasn't work out in our favor. I was running late, so I knew I had no time to turn around and lock it. He was in it, because I made him go lay down but I knew he would not stay. I called hubby and he said he'd come put him back in about an hour. During my lunch I decided to call and see if there was any damage when he'd come home and he said that he'd forgotten to come home. Apparently there was miscommunication and I was supposed to call and remind him. So, I came home during my lunch to this:
and this...
This was a full box of tissue that I had just bought on Sunday. I had only used a couple of tissue out of it. Oscar loves to chew up tissue. He had free range of the box and nothing but time on his hands! I just let him out to potty. Thank goodness he did not leave any surprises anywhere. Then I locked him back up and left. The kids were super excited to get home and find a mess. They cleaned up tissue while I made dinner. So, the day wasn't completely a wash out!

How was YOUR day?!

9 comments, add yours here:

Desert Songbird said...

I'm glad it was only tissue, and that the kids were willing to clean up. I imagine that bending over is getting a bit tougher these days, huh?

Anonymous said...

oh my, I've been in the same position with my pups. I remember Maggie chewing on my SHOES!

And I'm glad it's only tissue. Gotta LOVE dogs. If only we can teach them how to wash our cars. LOL

Anonymous said...

oh my. I hope he outgrows it. Our dog had a thing for the trash. It didn't have to have food in it either. It could be all paper for all he cared. Every time we left he got in it. HIS WHOLE LIFE. 13 years of a garbage picker. Very annoying.

Becca said...

Annabelle likes to chew up paper and tissues/napkins too. She doesn't get in the garbage, but I give her stuff...so I guess it's my doing. The shop vac gets it right up though. :)

Mom said...

See this is why I have cats LOL :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

phew! that's a relief! i thought he would chew up the couch or something like some i have had in the past!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

The time change is kicking my butt, too. AND my spring allergies - I could use some of those Kleenex right about now! My puppy loves Kleenex, too - he'll do the same thing to a box of them. Maybe it's just fascinating that if they pull one out another pops up! Then another! And so on until they've emptied the whole box, so then they might as well chew it up...

Mo and The Purries said...

OOPS! Little Isis loves tissues, too - I have to "hide" the box at work, so she doesn't help herself.
The time change thingy is screwing with my peabrain, too.

Travis Cody said...

I realized this weekend that we'll have this time change for 8 months! Why not just change the time year round for cripes' sake???