Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oooops, or not!

My husband was out of to working and called me yesterday afternoon to apologize. I had no clue as to what he was offering up apologies for, but I accepted and then asked why. He said because he missed my birthday. I chuckled and asked him what he meant by that. He said, your birthday is the 19th and today is the 22nd, so I guess I've missed your birthday. I laughed and informed him that he WAS correct that my birthday was the 19th, but it is in November. He said, yes I know it is November isn't it?! I laughed and reminded him that we've not celebrated Halloween yet so it couldn't possibly be November. Besides, I would never let him forget my birthday. It's in our DNA as a wife to remind our husband about those "special dates" as they near...a few weeks before we start dropping hints about the special things that we want for those specific holidays, like a new digital camera for my birthday OR romantic Christmas gifts like a new vacuum cleaner. *wink* Am I right ladies, or am I right?!

4 comments, add yours here:

Jackie said...

LOL that's really cute! :)

Mo and The Purries said...

Ha - great story.
Now he'll feel doubly guilted into getting you a great present (in the correct month, of course!!!)

Crazy Working Mom said...

Mo, that's exactly what I'm hoping. ;)

Desert Songbird said...

We take apologies where we can get 'em, right?