Thursday, September 20, 2007

What's your life expectancy?

Go try this link.
Put in the personal information it asks for and you can find out your average life expectancy. It might be a good wake up call for you.

Here's what it said about me:
Life Expectancy: 79 Details
Ideal Weight: 148
Biggest positive factors: Age,Gender,Drinking
Biggest negative factors: Family health,Diet,Personality type Assumptions & Simplifications
This calculator uses the averages for life expectancy based on your age, sex, family history and personal lifestyle.

I need to choose healthier foods and stop stressing over things so much! I could add 15 years to my life by doing this! That might mean the difference between meeting grandchildren or not! If you do this, leave me a comment and let me know what you've found out!

6 comments, add yours here:

katherine. said...

what does blogging do for life expectancy??

Theresa said...

Interesting survey- although not sure how accurate, but I hope it is since it says I can live to be 102- only catch is I just need to lose 37 pounds, I had gender, age, and genetics on my side, my weight was against me.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Here's mine:

If you continue maintaining healthy habits, you'll want to plan for a maximum life expectancy of 102 years or more.

Your "ideal" weight for maximum longevity is: 118 lbs.

The three biggest positive factors that you have going for you are:
1. Age
2. Gender
3. Age of parents

The one biggest negative factor that you have going for you is:
1. Family health
(That would be because my mom had breast cancer - twice! But she's a survivor!)

Looks like I'm doing pretty well!

Kara said...

I got 102+ also, but evidently I need to gain about 17lbs lol, oh and eat better.

Becca said...

Mine says 93 - a year less than my Grandma Brown. Like every body, of course, it said I needed to lose weight. I liked that it said I should be 150 instead of 135 though. :)

Cheryl Wray said...

It actually said I'd live to be 97!!!! Wow!!!! I do have mostly good health habits (except for my really BAD tendency to NEVER exercise!. If I exercised, I might live to be 105!
(Actually, one of my great grandmothers lived to be 103 so I have good genes in my family!)