Saturday, May 19, 2007

Movie Day

The family had a movie date today. We watched Shrek the Third. I must say I was slightly disappointed in this highly anticipated feature film! I think that the second movie was better by far far away (heh heh) than the third installment. There were some very funny parts, but overall the movie seemed very slow and at times I caught myself looking at my watch in anticipation for the end. We have watched every Shrek movie on the big screen so we couldn't pass this one up, but in the end I wish we'd have saved our money and waited for the DVD.

8 comments, add yours here:

Linda said...

Sounds like it was a movie day for a lot of people today! We had thought about this one but it was only an hour and a half so we opted for the almost two and a half hour movie!

I hadn't noticed that my comments were off on my latest post - crap! - so I copied your comment and put it there, hope you don't mind!

Kara said...

We went and saw it today too and we really enjoyed it. I didn't think it was any better than the first two, but still pretty good :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

I am probably going to wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it. I am planning on buying the set for Little Princess.

Rebecca said...

Oh man...I have heard that this movie wasn't that good. I hate that because I really love Shrek. Shoot!!! I will take your advice and wait for the DVD to come out.

Mz Jackson said...

I heard too, that it was disappointing. But People Magazine gave it 3 stars! I generally don't agree with their movie assessments anyway, so...

Claire said...

I guess i will be waiting for the dvd as well then :)

Tawnya Shields said...

Thanks for the info. I will watch it on netflix. :o)

Heart of Rachel said...

We also watched Shrek 3 at the movie theatre. My son enjoyed it but I personally like Shrek 1 & 2 much better. My son is thrilled because Happy Meal toys are featuring characters from the movie Shrek.