Thursday, May 17, 2012

Garden Update

It's been over a month since I've posted here!  WOW!  There was a time when I would post two to three times a day and now I have trouble finding time to post more than once a month.  Life in the fast lane...

I took a couple of pictures of the garden yesterday.  The squash plants are doing awesome and so are the tomato plants!  The kids eagerly get out of bed in the mornings to get ready for school in order to water the garden.  Since tomorrow is their last day and then they are out for summer, I guess I will take on the watering chore myself when I get Brien off to work each morning. 

The cucumber plant and watermelon plants are also doing well, but the okra and cantaloupe just did not take off.  They are still alive and green, but not much bigger than when we planted them.  They are on the end of the garden farthest away from the sun, so I just wonder if the house blocks out too much of the sun and they aren't getting enough sunlight for growth.  Either way, I keep watering them daily hoping they'll start shooting up.  We'll see.

The end view of the garden. 

A good view of some beautiful yellow blossoms!

1 comments, add yours here:

Connacht Gold Garden Centre said...

Thanks for your appreciation! I feel very strongly about the plight of our native bees and hope that this blog will help people identify them and want to help save them by growing nectar-rich plants in their gardens.