Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Long Overdue Update

Hello there!  It's Two Thousand Twelve?!  Really...where in the world did the time go?  It seems like only yesterday I was posting about our Elves Simon Peter & Noel bringing snow to little Emily since she'd been asking for it since her birthday.  But, the date on that post was December 8.  It's been OVER a month since I have posted here.  I have become neglectful of this blog and for that I apologize!  It just seems as though the older my kids get the more involved they become in extra curricular activities and the more I become a chauffeur. 

We had a very blessed Christmas.  Santa Clause was very good to our children.  They all three got the gift they asked him for. 

Emily got a Leap Pad (although she really wanted an Ipad?!?!)
Shelby got an Ipod with a stylish case. 
Tyler got an XBox 360 with Kinect!
Christmas morning was a joy as always for us.  I received a new Keurig from my darling husband so we enjoyed coffee from it as the kiddos opened their gifts.  We started a new tradition singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and blowing out candles.  The kiddos chose to make brownies instead of cake.  We ate it after our breakfast casserole.  Since Christmas fell on a Sunday this year, we were fortunate enough to attend church after all of the gifts were opened.  It was a wonderful service and we were so excited to be celebrating the birth of our King with our church family!  Shelby received an American Girl Doll for Christmas and they were proudly sporting matching dresses for the service.  The picture was taken from her new Ipod, so the quality isn't that great, but it was the only picture of the two of them dressed alike. 

Since Christmas, my mom was in the hospital, Emily has been to the doctor to be X-Rayed because we thought she had broken her arm, and we've all had some sort of illness at one point or another.  It's been a rough few weeks, but we've managed.  Mom is at home now and doing much better.  Emily's arm was not broken, only bruised very badly and majorly sore.  The stomach bug is still lingering around here.  This morning as I was blow drying Shelby's hair for school, Emily came into the bathroom.  She leaned over the toilet for a while and then I caught her stretched out on the floor.  The poor thing had been vomiting since 3 AM.  She told me that she was just very tired.  So, I picked her up and brought her back to her resting place in the recliner with her sprite and puke bucket.  Please say a prayer for her that she is on the fast track to healing.  Watching your three year old dry heave is tough, knowing there is not much you can do for her. 

I hope that you had a blessed Christmas and your new year has started off right.  If you've resolved to change something in your life, my prayer is that you are able to do so with God's help.  My goal is very similar to most of you who are reading this I am sure.  I have resolved to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, eating out less and making healthier food choices when I do eat out. 

Pin It

3 comments, add yours here:

Unknown said...

a long overdue update indeed!
haha
well,nice seeing you updating your blog once more!
i know it's past,but happy xmas and new year to you and your family!
may God bless you! :)

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thanks, Mr. Clive! Good to see ya around here. :D Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas - I'm sorry the last few weeks have been rough though... I hope it all passes very soon!!!