Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July Recap

Redfaced 4th of July Beauty
It was a hot one this 4th of July!!
My how time flies when you're having fun.  It seems as though this summer has just slid right by.  We are now seeing "back to school" items in stores.  It's HOT HOT HOT!  When I say it's hot, I am not exaggerating!!  Yesterday it was 104° in the shade!!!  It's too hot to even be in the swimming pool.  These dog days of summer make me want to just hang out in the air conditioner and forget that outside even exists.  Fortunately I don't have an outside job, but my husband does.  He works hard for our family and every day I am so grateful for such a hard working husband and father to my children.  We love him to pieces!

With that being said, 4th of July has come and gone.  It is my husband's favorite time of the year.  He loves fireworks.  He and my brother-in-law have always had a great time buying fireworks and putting on a show for the family.  We gathered at my sister and brother-in-laws house where we enjoyed hamburgers, hot dogs, and all of the typical 4th of July fixin's!!  A fun time was had by all including family, friends, and even a few people stopped alongside the road to watch. 
Brien and the fireworks
Brien getting the fireworks ready for the show!
 
Watermellon Fun
Tyler enjoying some watermellon!
Friends!
Shelby and her friend Khya were watching the fireworks!
Friends!
Emily and Reagen couldn't sit still long enough to watch fireworks!
Watching the show
Tyler loved the show!
Sparkler
Emily loved being part of the show!
Fun in confetti
The kiddos stopped to pose for a picture in the confetti!  


We had a great time this year.  We are so grateful to be surrounded by such loving and wonderful family and friends.  We had a great day and we are lucky to live in a land where we can celebrate our freedom!  I am so proud to be an American!!

3 comments, add yours here:

Amazing Gracie said...

You captured the very spirit of the 4th!!! I just love the pictures of the kids. That's what freedom is all about - their heritage.
Great job!!!
~~~Blessings~~~

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thanks, Gracie. We had a fabulous time! :)

Moody Mom said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a great time. Love the confetti!