Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break 2011 - Days 3 & 4

Spring Break flew by and we had a wonderful time although I must admit that by Sunday evening I was counting down the hours until Monday morning.

You'll remember that on Tuesday Tyler came home from his stay with Memaw and Papaw due to feeling bad.  He woke up Wednesday feeling better but still had a low grade fever.  I gave him some Tylenol and he perked up by lunch time.  All three kids and I went to see the movie Rango.  This movie was rated PG, but the language in this movie was NOT age appropriate.  This was a nickelodeon movie, which coupled with a PG rating made me think it would be a great movie for the kids to see while on Spring Break. I was wrong. There was a lot of inappropriate things in this movie including the language. I just don't see the point in making a movie that targets to children and then including foul language and innuendos. But, that's just me. Needless to say, I should have shelled out the extra cash and saw Mars Needs Mom in 3D! Generally speaking Disney is usually a safe bet with the kids.

PhotobucketOn Wednesday night we had church! Since the kids were out on Spring Break they didn't go to AWANA (which they attend at another church). After church, we got to eat pizza and have cake with an awesome birthday girl! Of course the cake was made by one of the greatest cake makers around...who just so happens to be my mother-in-law. She has made every special occasion cake for our family!! The topsy-turvy cake was adorable and tasted just as good as it looked.

Thursday was a laid back day.  The kids and I went to North Little Rock to Mardels.  Tyler has been wanting a cross for his bedroom.  He said that he wanted to put a cross in his room so that he could always look at it and remember that Jesus gave his life so that we could be with him in heaven.  So, when we got there he found two crosses that he liked.  One western cross and one in a picture that looks like a sword that describes the Armour of God so he got both.  The girls opted for stuffed animals and a Veggie Tales Princess Pea castle.  

Friday was a fun day filled with cookie baking for the 65 Roses Tour.  I will get a post up on that soon! 

0 comments, add yours here: