Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The Boss

Photobucket
Emily was home from daycare yesterday because she's had a pretty bad cough.  Sunday evening and Monday morning she just didn't act like she felt that great so I kept her home with me.  After we dropped the big kids off at school, she seemed fine so I didn't call the doctor's office. 

This morning she woke up coughing worse and now has a bump behind her right ear which I am guessing is probably a swollen lymph node.  So, she's home with me again today.

This is the second week for me to be "working from home" so to speak.  I moved our office from the shop in town back to the house so that in occasions like this, I could still work and be home with sick children.  We are also expecting "significant amounts of snow accumulation" tomorrow so it looks like they will all three be here tomorrow. 

I can't get Emily in to see the doctor until 3, so I have been doing a little bit of office work and house work.  She has found herself a little roost in the spindles between the office and living room.  She calls that "her spot".  She plopped down there this morning and told me that she was "in chawge".  It was too cute.  I am glad to have some company.  I am not sure how it will work out this summer with all three of them home, but I am going to give it a try.  As long as I can get Emily back in to daycare when school starts back, I plan on keeping her home during the summer as well.  We'll just have to see.  Spring break will be a good time to try it out. 

For now we're prepared for the expected snow.  Emily and I got milk, bread, and coffee creamer this morning.  Bring it on, baby!!!  What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

8 comments, add yours here:

Manda said...

we've got about 2 feet of accumulation and it's snowing lightly up in michigan... ugh. SO ready for spring!

Crazy Working Mom said...

You and me both, girl!! Bring on spring!!!

Linda said...

The sun is actually out here for a change after a light bit of light snow and rain last night. Thankfully nothing more that I had to shovel today!

I guess we're dodging another big storm this coming Thursday unless it takes an unexpected turn. My fingers are crossed that it doesn't! I've had enough!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Oh Linda, the sun is shining here today too, but it's all supposed to change overnight. I guess maybe this system that is hitting us tomorrow is coming your way for Thursday. *sigh*

I am SO ready for spring!!!

LAC said...

Super cute boss you have there! Good luck with the work from home thing. I am sure it will be a challenge for you and the kids to set boundaries and make it work. But you can do it.

Our temp this morning was 5 degrees. Yuck! I am ready for spring, and I usually like winter.

Anonymous said...

Yep, she's in Chawge! Hope she feels better soon. I have a stubborn hubby who is at work and sick. I'm under the weather as well, but not as bad as hubby (me, I've got ear issues).

You can make a home office work. I know you and there's nothing you can't do.

In the mean time, love on that cute little boss of yours... they grow up fast!

Crazy Working Mom said...

@Lisa, Boundaries indeed!! It will for sure be a challenge, but I am up for it. :)
It's snowing here now. Temps supposed to drop throughout the day and for the next two days and by the weekend be in the 60s!!! Crazy weather. In the northern part of the state (Arkansas) there is over a foot of snow! That's a lot for us.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Lois, she is feeling better today. She is definitely the boss of the entire family! *LOL* She keeps us all on our toes.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) I sure need it!!!