Saturday, September 25, 2010

Emily Loves Dora

Emily has blossomed into quite the character these days. She is showing signs of potty training. Sometimes she will tell me if she needs to go potty, and other times she will run from me if I ask her. Yesterday this conversation occured:

Emily: "Mommy, I poo-pooed in my diaper."

Me: "You did?! You're not supposed to do that in your diaper, you need to go to the potty and do that like a big girl. I thought you were a big girl?"

Emily: "No, Mommy. I not a big gwirl."

Me: "Oh, so you're a baby."

Emily: "No, mommy I not a baby either."

Me: "Well, if you're not a big girl or a baby, what are you?"

Emily: "I'm two!"

This two year old girl LOVES Dora The Explorer. Shelby had quite the infatuation with this Latino cartoon character as well. Emily got a Dora Cowgirl DVD for her birthday and I think we've watched it over a hundred times since her birthday, less than a month ago! She will pull up a chair in front of the television and use it to stand eye level with Dora and Boots as they're riding on their "horsey".

Photobucket
Kisses for Dora and Boots.


Photobucket
Swiper No Swiping...Awwww man!


Photobucket
"Cowgirl Dora is my fwend."

2 comments, add yours here:

Anonymous said...

she's getting so big. My almost 2 year old says Pee-you when she does that in her diaper. Might be ready, maybe?

Richard Lawry said...

My granddaughters love Dora and Diego.

An Arkies Musings