Saturday, January 30, 2010

Why Do Mom's Have An Easier Time Losing Weight?

I realized today as I was eating breakfast why I am losing weight!  As a Mom, when I make me something to eat, especially if it's different than what my children are eating I NEVER get to eat all of it.  You see this morning, I made all three of the kids peaches and cream oatmeal per their request.  I decided that I'd rather have a whole wheat bagel with a teaspoon of peanut butter.  Out of the whole bagel, I'm sure I only ate one half of it.  I did still count the whole thing when figuring my daily points.  This also happened last night.  In order to break the monotony of the day since we were snowed in for the day, I let Tyler and Shelby make their own pizzas.  Under my supervision they rolled out dough and they put their own toppings (which consisted only of sauce and cheese) on and watched it cook in the oven.  This was a fun thing for them to do and they enjoyed eating something that they made themselves.  I had a microwaveable diet pizza in the freezer, so I opted for one of those.  By the time I sat down to eat mine, everyone else had finished eating.  They all tended to migrate to my plate and wanted pizza like mine.  It was the only pizza that I had like it, so I had to share.  In other words, I didn't eat all of the pizza.  Thank goodness I made a yummy side salad to eat with it. 

When doing my work outs I have awesome support from my children as well.  I do the EAS Active Workout for the Wii.  I am currently doing the 30 day challenge.  My little (16 month old) Emily will sit on the Wii Fit Balance Board while I am working out and watch me.  Every now and again she will do squats, lunges, or run in place with me.  It's the cutest thing.  I wish I could get a picture for you, but I can't hold the camera along with the nunchuck and Wii remote to take a photo, so you'll just have to take my word for it and enjoy this shot I got of her yesterday while she was playing!  Tyler, my four year old also loves to run with me.  Usually the last exercise is a long run.  By the time I get there sometimes I feel like I can't finish.  Tyler will stand beside me and run with me cheering me on!  It's great motivation!  So, what kind of support do you have?! 

4 comments, add yours here:

Sandee said...

Hubby is the no pain, no gain guy. He's a lot of support where exercise is concerned. We rarely eat things we shouldn't so diet is not a problem.

I'm glad you have a lot of support. Good for you. I just love your kids too.

Have a terrific weekend. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Artist said...

This is interesting because other mothers say the opposite that they eat all leftovers and just gain weight endlessly.

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Thanks, Sandee!

Artist: I can completely relate to this! I have caught myself "cleaning up" the kid's plates before as well. Self control is definitely the key here!

Thanks for stopping by.

Twisted Cinderella said...

That happens at my house too. Whenever I sit down to eat, Princess Magpie stands and my knee and matches me bite for bite of MY food . . . after having finished her own of course.