Saturday, December 05, 2009

Roller Skating Birthday Fun

Last Sunday was Shelby's 7th birthday. We celebrated by renting the local roller skating arena for our family and friends. The kids AND adults had a fun time lacing up their skates and gliding around the rink. We did this last year as well and it was great fun for all. This year, I chose not to skate. It's too much to try to skate and keep the birthday party rolling, with the drink and pizza distribution followed by cake and ice cream and then the opening of gifts. This all had to be accomplished in a 2 hour time slot, so things have to move swiftly in order for everyone to get to roller skate as well. Of course I have lots of pictures on Facebook, but I'll also share a few of them here for you:  (clicking the photo will bring it up in a new window so you can see a large version of each photo).


Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate Shelby's special day with her. Thanks to my wonderful Mother-In-Law who made the most awesome cake to date! Thank you, Shelby for being my beautiful first born!!! I hope that your birthday was memorable.

1 comments, add yours here:

Willa said...

wow! what a fun-filled birthday party for everybody to enjoy.
Btw,I have a Christmas Tag for you. :)