Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My New Assistant

Meet my new office administrator, Emily:
As you can tell she is busy fielding phone calls for me as I blog. Yes, that is a computer mouse that she is using. But, please keep in mind that she is still in training.

I had to go pick up baby Emily from daycare today when she began to run a 101° temperature. Monday night she fell asleep at her normal bed time but woke up as I was going to bed. I got up with her and we did not go back to sleep until around 2:30AM. She was very fussy and I was unable to console her no matter what I tried. I think she only fell asleep when she did out of sheer exhaustion! Of course I woke up late Tuesday morning. Fortunately I was able to get everyone up, dressed, and out the door in time and no one was late. Yes, I am just THAT good. ;)

She seemed to be feeling better yesterday. She did sleep a lot, but I would have too if I could have! Today when I got the phone call, I figured I might as well go ahead and take her to the doctor. When he looked in her ear he said, "YUCK". Obviously her ears are both infected. In fact the doctor said that it was quite possible that with all of the pressure that she is experiencing they may rupture. He told me, "not to freak out" if I see blood tinged puss leaking from her ear. Ummm...yeah, not gonna happen! Hopefully she won't experience this and the 10 day antibiotic will heal her quickly and completely! As it stands now we may be looking at getting tubes in her ears in the near future.

6 comments, add yours here:

Calico Crazy said...

She is such a doll, hope she feels better soon, without any ruptures. ~ Calico Contemplations

Marie said...

Adorable. Hope you don't have to worry about ruptured ear drums.

LAC said...

When my younger brother was a baby he had so many ear infections that he too had to get the tubes in. Twice. They fell out after a year or so. It did seem to help and he was none the wiser to having them unless we reminded him.

Hope the sweet angel of yours feels better soon!

Akelamalu said...

Aw poor little Emily but she sure looks like she can handle a phone! :)

maryt/theteach said...

I love, love this pic, Tisha! She is sooooo adoable! I'm so glad you caught her in this pose. I laughed out loud when you said it was the mouse! :)

storyteller said...

Adorable photo ;-)
Hard to believe how BIG Emily's grown so quickly!
Hugs and blessings,