Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New Gadgets

Shelby has spent the summer helping me at the office with Emily and other various tasks as well as at home. She has been saving her money and had a deal with her father. Once she had enough money for half he would pay for the other half of a Nintendo DS (a hand held gaming system). Yesterday, the two of them went shopping and came home with a new DS. It's pink!! They didn't think about it not having a game, so Brien chipped in to buy a game and told her she had to pay him back for half of it. She was super excited when she came home with her new gadget that she had worked so hard to earn. She has been wanting one for a couple of years now but I was convinced that she was just too young to take care of it. Since she has worked for and , I believe that this will make her take more responsibility for this pricey gadgetry. At least this is my hope!

I also got a new gadget yesterday. I traded my Motorola Razr for a Blackberry, also fondly known as a "crackberry". So far I'm really loving it. I can Facebook and Twitter from it and I love being able to respond to quick e-mails with it while I'm holding kids and no have to worry about dragging out the lap top.

So, what have you been up to this week?! Inquiring minds want to know.

*Disclaimer: In the picture, Shelby was sick. I think she's got a summer cold. I made her pose with her DS as she pasted on her most fake smile possible!

4 comments, add yours here:

Desert Songbird said...

We're a gadget family. Hubby is very into electronics, being a software engineer and all. He recently got a new MacBook Pro, and tomorrow I'm upgrading my Blackberry Pearl for a Blackberry Curve. Yippee!! I didn't want to wait for the next generation Storm; I think I'd rather have a regular keyboard versus a touch one. I have enough trouble with a touch keyboard on my iPod touch!

LAC said...

Yep, that's the way my Dad always did things. Made us earn them so we'd appreciate it more. Heck, he even did that for college. Couldn't afford a lick of it. But somehow both my brother and I managed just find with scholarships, loans and working throughout. And we never skipped a class because we knew what it was costing us to be there.

Overwhelmed Mom said...

I SO want a crackberry. Fellow working mom, I've given you a Keepsake Blog Award - check it out here http://owwm.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-first-blog-award.html

Kim said...

Hoo for her! I'm sure that she is just thrilled at all of her hard work and seeing how it paid off.

I would love to have a Blackberry. We too know all about it being called a crack berry as hubby has one for work.

You can't tell she was sick. Probably because she was still so happy. :)