Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Photo Hunt

My 86th
This Week's Theme: Book(s)

There is a book in this photo. It is perhaps one of the most important books that a mother can read. It is a "baby name" book! I was packed and ready to go to the hospital in preparation for the induction of my third child. I had everything that I could possibly need while I was there, a baby sitter for the other two children, and Mo on standby to post a picture here when our sweet baby girl arrived. The only thing that my husband and I had not agreed on at this moment was a name for said baby. I wanted to name her Emma Grace. He was not sold on that one. On the way to the hospital we discussed it. It was not the first time this had happened. HE was undecided with all three until after they arrived. In the end, the name I chose was the winner with the other two. As for the sweet baby girl, for those of you who don't know her name was decided: Emily Grace.

10 comments, add yours here:

Patricia said...

Very clever, Tish! LOVE the name Emily. =)

We didn't name our second boy until just before we were discharged from the hospital because my husband and I could not come to an agreement. We could have used that book!

Have a blessed weekend, Tish!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tisha! You really waited until you were down to the wire! I have a dear friend whose name was not decided until he started first grade! They just called him Brother until the school board forced them to have a name for the birth certificate and school registration! Back then in 'Atlanta suburbia', kids were born at home.

Oh, yes. True story.

Mo and The Purries said...

That's a fun story, and glad I was a small part of it!
I'm only surprised that you didn't post about the Twilight books!

Anonymous said...

My name was easy. I was named after my mom. Yep, I'm a junior!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Nice twist on the theme. Seems people either know what they plan to name the baby nearly as soon as they find out they're expecting OR don't decide until the little one has arrived -or two days after in the case of our granddaughter!

Upcountrysmiles said...

Aloha from Maui, HI!
What a creative post. Very cute!
Happy photo hunting to you:)
Cindy O
Come by & visit:)

srp said...

Congratulations! My daughter ended up Nyssa Marie as that was the only name that sounded right with her last name and the only one my husband would agree to. So, there it is.
My books are up here.

The Queen Bee said...

I had a hard time looking for the book hahaha... Happy PH, mine's up too.

katherine. said...

you took the book to the hospital....PERFECT.

we had names picked out before we got pregnant.

rolling my eyes

Desert Songbird said...

We went back and forth on baby names, but we had names picked before leaving for the hospital. With our daughter, we had a name picked, as we knew she was a girl. With our son, we SUSPECT but were not SURE he as a boy, so we only had a boy name picked. At the last second, we picked a girl name in case HE was a SHE. Turns out, our suspicions were correct.