Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is She Calling China?

Little Emily, my five month old just recovered from RSV, a very serious respiratory illness. She's been better and then over the weekend she took a down turn again. She has been coughing horribly. The thing about this little girl is that it's hard to tell when she's sick because she is such a happy baby, sick nor not. The cough worsened, and the rattling in her chest sounded like an old Chevy pick up truck. I took her in today and the doc said that she now has bronchitis and an ear infection! We're on antibiotics for the ear and re-visiting the dreadful "puffer" (inhaler) and yummy cough medicine. The good news is this should disappear quickly whereas the RSV hung around for several weeks. Until then, Emily is making calls to tell everyone she's okay. At least I hope that she is. How much does a call to China cost, probably not as much as a Mesothelioma lawyer?

6 comments, add yours here:

Anonymous said...

Wow...poor little baby! She's been through so much! I really hope she starts feeling better!

Amazing Gracie said...

Oh rats. There are too many people not feeling well this week... Little Emily has been so sick that her immune system is probably kaput from the RSV. I'm sure she'll pop back up before you know it!!! Those eyes - WOW!
~~~Blessings~~~

Anonymous said...

Poor little girl :(
She looks like a big sweetie, I wish I could meet her in person! I hope she beats the buggies soon, for her sake and yours! <3

Anonymous said...

so glad she's doing better...

Desert Songbird said...

I think I'd be pulling the battery out just to be safe.

I hope she feels better very, very soon.

Toni said...

Poor baby! I hope she gets back to 100% soon!!!

Tell her to give Hunter a call - he loves to talk on the phone!!! lol