Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday Photo Hunt - Reflections

My 78th
This Week's Theme: Reflections

Tyler had the "mixing bowl" in which we had made brownies. He had quite a time diving in with both hands and licking the chocolaty goodness from his fingers. I'm not too sure he didn't stick his whole head in and lick the bowl. When he was finished, he had chocolate remnants on his face. He had to go take a look for himself. I captured him checking out his reflection in the mirror. Since I had posted this photo earlier in the week for my Creative Photography entry I thought I'd re-post it here. You can see Shelby's reflection in this photo taken at the Baltimore Aquarium last October. Rest assured that she was NOT swimming with a tiger shark and a sting ray.

39 comments, add yours here:

Patricia said...

Your children are just too precious, Tish. Tyler looks like he is all boy. What fun you must be having with him! That is a cool photo of Shelby, too. It really does look like she is in there swimming with the shark. And you are a sweet blessing to me! =)

Desert Songbird said...

That son of yours is so dang funny.

Anonymous said...

tyler so cute and smart..shark! shark!..mine is up now. :)

Anonymous said...

here's my revised entry.sorry for the error at the first one.:)

CHIKAI ♥ said...

the first photo really cracked me off. hehehe! you've got one funny boy there. and well, i can't blame him for indulging on the mixing bowl coz i still do that until now. lol!

btw, thanks for peeking at my entry. see yah next week!

BLOGSILOG

and i've got other entries. you might want to check them out...

Buzzy Me
Cherry's Comfort Zone
Wishing and Hoping

have a happy weekend! :)

earthlingorgeous said...

Kids and mirrors! They just love it so much! I love the shot on the fish tank with your boys reflection very nice! :)

Unknown said...

he's so cute!:D

Anonymous said...

LOL Tyler's cute! Looks like he has a mustache!

Anonymous said...

A mirror works better than TV at times.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I'd like to say the head in the bowl thing is something only my kids do....but they learnt from the master of bowl licking ;) meeee!

jams o donnell said...

Haha the first shot is priceless. I love the chocolate moustache! Happy weekend

Anonymous said...

Tyler seems to be really proud of his chocolate conquest. Haha.

Anonymous said...

His expression says it all - yep - his face went into the bowl. I did the same thing as a child.

And the look of wonder on her face watching the shark is priceless.

http://moderatesuburbanchick.blogspot.com/

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Expressions worth a million bucks!!

Anonymous said...

That photo is simply ADORABLE!

My site was down earlier. Sorry about that if you were there. But it's up now! HERE. See yah!

Pea in a Pod said...

Yup, he is ADORABLE! Cute too;-)

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to see kids enjoying themselves especially when to go check what they look like! Haha. Thanks for putting a smile to my face on this snowy day over here in Holland.

Pok Dell said...

Shelby's reflection is awesome..it came out of nowhere.

Thanks for stopping by my reflection earlier.

Anonymous said...

It looks like he's pretty delighted with his chocolate-filled face. He's funny.

CRIZ LAI said...

I was laughing when I saw the first photo. Kids! They can be real fun to be with :)

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

He looks pretty proud of himself...and happy :-)

Barbara H. said...

Those are both so great. Love his look checking himself out. And I didn't notice the reflection in the bottom one at first, but how funny that it looks like she's IN the tank! Glad she's not! :-)

Anonymous said...

The first picture is really cute! Nice take!

YTSL said...

Re the first photo: It looked like Tyler had a fight with the chocolate and the chocolate won! ;D

Baba said...

Wow.. your children are precious.. and their reflections in these shots are great!!!Thanks for your visit to my place today.. Have a good week-end. Hugs, Baba

Callie Ann said...

Ah his face is awesome.. ha hahahhaahha what a little funny dude

Shawie said...

oh my God, that cute, little fella is so hilarious, hahaha:) happy weekend:)

Jackie said...

oh my how cute is he and what a ham!! This is just wonderful!! He certainly put a smile on my face!!

Thanks for stopping in to visit me.

http://www.mypreciousniche.com/2008/11/photo-hunt-reflection.html

happy weekend:-)

storyteller said...

What a MARVELOUS choice for this week’s theme!!! Tyler looks quite pleased with himself doesn’t her? Mine’s at Sacred Ruminations.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Love those! I have several similar pictures from the the Georgia Aquarium and Sea World that I didn't even think of. What a shame!

Anonymous said...

Fun shots, well done! Have fun with your new Rebel... my best advice is read the manual. Take your time. Experiment.

JO said...

he is a comedian.

Here's mine. Happy weekend!

Heart of Rachel said...

Tyler is so funny and cute!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

He is so darned happy with his chocolate reflection.

Cece

Twisted Cinderella said...

He is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

wonderful reflective moments!
have been ripping up carpets this weekend so new hardwood floors can be installed this week so haven't had time to post

Sandra Carvalho said...

Great captures!
xoxoxo

Marites said...

Tyler's cute:D and it looks like he's having fun checking out his reflection on the mirror. Stingray and shark? gee, I don't want to be with them in the waters. my PH entry is up too.

Tina said...

haha that was a cool take on the meme ;)