Saturday, November 15, 2008

Conversations with Shelby

Shelby helped me clean out my closet yesterday. It was full of things that I can no longer wear. (That's a whole 'nother post). BUT, she was a big help to me and we had a fun time. She had way more fun trying on my clothes and shoes than I did. For me it was depressing, for her it was cool. She has inherited my love for shoes. This conversation ensued during our shoe sorting.

Shelby: Mommy, you've got a lotta lotta shoes!

Me: Yes, I love to buy shoes. But, a lot of times I get them home and then I never wear them.

Shelby: Well, I would wear them. I love them all.

Me: I keep them because you never know when you might need a cute pair of clear glass looking slippers, or a nice pair of boots.

Shelby:
I wish that my feet was the same size as you so that I can wear all of your shoes.

Me: ...and I am so glad that they're not. I'd never have any shoes to wear AND you'd look silly with big feet like mine right now.

Later on in the evening I went into her room and found three pair of my shoes in her room. It looks like it doesn't really matter if they fit or not. *wink*

12 comments, add yours here:

Linda said...

Ut-oh, you may have a shoe-horse on your hands there, Tish!

Heart of Rachel said...

That's cute! Looks like Shelby has developed a love for shoes just like her mom. :)

Desert Songbird said...

My 12yo has developed my love of shoes, also, and now she wears the same size as I do. My black boots keep disappearing!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

uh oh!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Mo and The Purries said...

Heee - you may have created a mini-Imelda!

RW said...

Ha at least you know where to look if there missing! :D

Akelamalu said...

I used to love clumping round in my Mum's shoes when I was little. I never had a daughter to do this but my granddaughter, Gracie Jean, is following in my footsteps, and my shoes! :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

That is too sweet!! (I understand about the clothes, trust me)

Tina said...

oh no. wait till she is a few more years older and her shoe collection will put yours to shame haha!

storyteller said...

What a fun conversation! It reminds me how much I loved to wear MY mom’s shoes when I was little ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I've taken three pair back to my room so far today! *LOL*

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Girls and shoes - who can explain it? I have a "lotta lotta" shoes too :)