Monday, December 10, 2007

Shopping and more shopping...

Yesterday was a fun day! We went...*gulp*...Christmas shopping. Our saving grace was that the weather was horrible. It was cold and rainy. We took the kids to the local Wal-Mart to visit with Santa. The good thing about going here versus the capital city which is an hour drive and horrible traffic is that there were NO lines. Yup, you heard me right. There was absolutely no one waiting to see the jolly ole St Nick so we got right in and the kids sat on his lap, the picture was snapped and we were on our way in minutes.

Since my scanner is not working (yup, I've got one on my list) I can't post the photo here, but suffice it to say that it was quite comical. Shelby was doing her normal cheesy, "I'm cuter than you" pose while Tyler had the fear of God in his eyes! It's just too darn funny. I did make a couple of copies for my mother and mother-in-law and got them some festive frames to place them in. I also got one for myself.

We took the kids out to the in-laws so we could finish up our shopping yesterday afternoon. We did so and the kids were none the wiser. We told them we had to go back and talk to Santa and make sure he knew exactly what they wanted. ;) The crowds weren't so bad where we shopped. There were lots of folks around the jewelry counter looking at gold chains and watches. There is only one person on our list that we haven't bought for just yet and I'm leaving this one up to Brien. Hopefully he'll come up with something by this weekend and we can pick it up so we can say we're completely finished!!

4 comments, add yours here:

Travis Cody said...

So now it's time to sit back and enjoy the rest of the holidays!

Cool beans!

girlymom said...

We want to go see Santa, but I am dreading that line, you lucky bum!

I bought a printer, scanner, copier all in one...wonderful!!!!

Mo and The Purries said...

Hmmmm.... so what is Brien gonna pick out for me????

(can't wait to see Shelby & Tyler on Santa's lap! I posted my first visit to Santa today!)

Desert Songbird said...

My daughter has gone to see Santa once in her life; my son? Never. the lines are always hours and hours long, and I lose my patience. Lucky you that there was no line!