Thursday, October 18, 2007

We Made It!

Shelby and I made it to Baltimore all in one piece. We had a bit of a delay in Little Rock due to horrible weather. It rained a big part of the day there. So, once we got in the air, the turbulence was a bit nauseating to me, but Shelby made out like a champ. She got a bag of goodies from the stewardess. She LOVED the peanuts and she thought it was very cool that she was flying higher than the birds. Toward the end of the flight when we began our decend she got a bit frustrated because she "couldn't hear her words". Her ears were popping and it was a bit difficult for her to hear things. I taught her all the tricks (yes, I'm a bad mom 'cause I forgot gum!!) yawn, open and close your mouth, etc. They finally popped and she was happy again. We are both excited to be here. On the agenda today is visiting the acquarium and possibly the zoo, weather permitting. I'll write more when I have time. For now, more cuddles with Bec's Annabelle! :)

15 comments, add yours here:

Odat said...

Ohhh Have fun!!!
Peace

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day coming up! I visited Baltimore in college, and found it to be a wonderful place to visit, down by Inner Harbor.

Enjoy! xoxo

Schmoop said...

Enjoy and tell the penguins that I said Hi!!

Anonymous said...

yay!! So glad that you made it!! Have a wonderful time!! Miss ya already.

Becky L said...

Oh I LOVE the aquarium! I haven't been there for a few years. I'm envious. Though, I don't need to hop on a plane to get there; we can make it a day trip whenever we actually have time to do it.

Akelamalu said...

Glad to hear you arrived in one piece. Have a great time.

Desert Songbird said...

Glad you arrived safely. Have a great trip, and take loads of photos!

Sandee said...

Have tons of fun. :)

Tawnya Shields said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Have lot's of fun.

Linda said...

The ear popping is one of the worst parts of flying; glad to hear that Shelby made it through okay and handled her first time flying very well.

Have a fantastic time in Baltimore!

Amazing Gracie said...

With all the wild, weird weather, I'm glad you didn't hit any delays. Shelby is my hero! Those ear "things" hurt.
Have a blast and find Nemo, would ya?

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Hope you both have a great time! :-)

kari and kijsa said...

Have a fabulous time!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Shelby said...

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hope you have a terrific time. I just found out that there is a huge aquarium being constructed here and set to open this coming December. I'm so excited. I'm sure Yohan would be thrilled.