Wednesday, May 30, 2007

OH MY!!! "Patron picks pins from fast food meal"

I had to post this since it happened HERE in my hometown. I'm sure it'll be on the national news if it isn't already, but this is creepy!
Taco Bell is one of my favorite fast food restaurants and we eat there a lot. I dunno if I will continue to do so until this investigation is complete. It's a scary thought...what if this had been a child?!

Food and straight pins don't mix and Louveda Kelley of Heber Springs says she can testify to that.Kelley reported she was eating dinner with family at the Taco Bell in Searcy Sunday afternoon when something very unusual took place.
"I was eating my food when I felt something stick the inside of my mouth. I thought it was a bone or something. It hurt like the devil and when I pulled it from my mouth I saw it was a needle. It looks like it was broken off a hypodermic needle."

You can read the rest of this story Here.

11 comments, add yours here:

letizzia said...

Taco Bells rule!!!
Hugs from Italy and lot of love to a Crazy Working Momma!!!

TeaMouse said...

Holy Cow!

My mom had made puffed wheat cake a few years back and her hubby was eating a piece when all of a sudden he started to choke - on a stick pin.

It would seem she didn't look in the cup she used to get the puffed wheat and there were pins in there...why I have no idea.

Somehow I'm always afraid to eat her baking.....lol

maggie said...

Oh my. Taco Bell just can't seem to get over there problems... But I have to admit to loving their food too.

Comedy + said...

Yikes. I don't frequent these fast food places. I don't trust much of what they do. Just look who's working behind the counter. Kinda scary. This may be another scam too so watch out for that. This smells fishy to me.

Kara said...

Ouch! That's just nuts.

Linda said...

This is pretty scary but there is a big difference between a hypodermic needle and a straight pin - huge difference, actually.

I find it pretty hard to believe that the girl at the counter didn't call her manager over immediately; you would have thought that would be her very first reaction.

Do let us know if they follow this up with another story!

Morgen said...

I CAN believe that the girl behind the counter just stood there, saying "don't blame me" - I'll bet a thousand bucks that's what the idiot behind the counter would have done the last time I went to taco hell.

And interesting how there are allegedly other needles in the meat, but Taco Bell Headquarters is already threatening to sue the woman who had a needle in her mouth.

This whole story creeps me out.

Callie Ann said...

People can be so weird. If it is a hypo-needle then ya gotta worry about hepititus, aids all sorts of terrible things. This is a terribly fishy deal at the mexican food. SCARY... I really feel for the injured party. The mind trauma she must be going thru. Sorry to hear this.

Toni said...

That was enough for me to stay clear for a while!

Palm Springs Savant said...

yikes-o-rama. So gross. Now I know why I never eat fast food!!! By the way, you have a fun blog. I enjoyed reading thru. Stop by and say hi sometime.

www.rickrockhill.blogspot.com

Shelby said...

holy cow is right!! this makes me hurt....... i gotta think about something else right now.