Sunday, May 20, 2007

Musical Way Back Meme

I saw this over at Trav's Thoughts and thought it was pretty cool, so although I was never officially tagged, I took it upon myself to give it a whirl and why not post it since I did. This was a pretty cool meme.
1. Go to www.popculturemadness.com
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the song´s of the year
4. Write something about how the song affected you

*Cotten Eye Joe - Rednex
When I was a teenager, we would go dancing at a local "teen" dance club every weekend. It was fun to do. There was line dancing, two steppin' and some rump shakin' as well. This was a fun song for us to dance to.

*One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey & Boys II Men
I got my first car around the time this song came out and it was a used car which someone had put a killer stereo system in. I would put this song in and jam to it. I could sing right along with Mariah. I thought I sounded just like her. *tee hee hee*

*I'll Be There For You - Rembrandts
One word: Friends!

*I Like It, I Love It - Tim McGraw
I just remember this song being played for a lot of different reasons. I can remember a commercial on a local radio station where a little kid was singing it and it was pretty cute.

*Jeremy - Pearl Jam
I have a friend that had a son shoot himself in the head in their front yard. His name...Jeremy.

*Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
This was another one of those jammin' songs I played on my awesome car stereo...I forgot to mention earlier that the guy sold me the car cause he'd wrecked the front of it. It was all smashed in. I was going to get it fixed, but never got around to it. *LOL*

4 comments, add yours here:

Durward Discussion said...

I did this and it aggravated me no end. The year I turned 18 was one of those transition periods. All of the smooth types such as Perry Como were now passe, the great do wop was fading, early rock artists were burning out other than Elvis and even he was is a mellow phase. The Beatles and the British invasion were several years off. Everything was pretty much a hodge podge. Two years either was was wonderful, but 18 was a deadly bore.

Tawnya Shields said...

Hey, this is so cool! You know I am going to do it. I love Pearl Jam's Jeremy. That is one of my favorites.

Shelby said...

great post! I did this meme too a few days ago - fun fun fun :)

Travis Cody said...

This is a great meme. I'm glad you enjoyed it.