Monday, April 16, 2007

My 11th Manic Monday

This Week's Theme: Tax

Taxes - "burdensome charge, obligation, duty, or demand".



What's the difference between a taxidermist and a tax collector?
The taxidermist only takes the skin.

A fine is a tax for doing something wrong.
A tax is a fine for doing something right.

For every tax problem there is a solution which is straightforward, uncomplicated and wrong.

If you're playing along in Mo's Manic Monday's don't forget to sign Mr Linky and go to the MM Headquarters and sign there as well!

20 comments, add yours here:

Abigail S said...

Augh! I hate taxes! I ended up owing this year. Royally sucked!

Hope everyone else faired better this tax season!

Gattina said...

It's funny today to read the posts ! Once again it shows that the whole world has the same problems !

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahah. This is great. The same slant as I did! I think we may be twins??? You are too funny. Have a great MM :)

Amazing Gracie said...

At least we're all in agreement!!!

crpitt said...

Very funny! rather glad i don't pay any!

Stine said...

Yes - seems we've got a universal thing going...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ha ha ha ha....good one!!!

smiles, bee

Durward Discussion said...

Taxes require laughter ...

Beware of strong drink. It can cause you to shoot at tax collectors ... and miss.

Robert Heinlein

Mo and The Purries said...

Yes, isn't it wonderful how the gas stations can weasel in all those taxes into our gallon of gas that is inching closer to $3 a gallon AGAIN... oh, this is taxing my mind!
cheers!
mo

Lisa Ryan said...

love these quotes! have a fun manic monday.

Barb said...

Great quotes! Happy MM :)

Rebecca said...

Love it!!! Teehee!!

Tawnya Shields said...

Those were good. Whatever happened to taxation without representation? We need to sweep out the government and get some reality in there. :o)

P.S. Thanks for the vote my way.

((((hugs)))

Kimberley Robinson said...

Very clever sayings. I'll enjoy remembering them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for you concerns for my daughter. Her surgery is tomorrow.

Liz Hill said...

LOL --sugar this 'taxed' my buzz from happy hour! Thanks for stopping by--I see penis below and I must go check *giggling*

Desert Songbird said...

I think the tax man specializes in fleecing us; thus, does that make him a taxidermist?

Neila said...

Ugh! Taxes! I think I hear a drumroll these days every time I drive by a gas station!

Travis Cody said...

My tax season was pretty peaceful. Got done in a little over an hour.

**ducks all the office equipment that is thrown**

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Great post! Good to laugh at everything... including taxes!! Laughter is the Best Medicine!