Monday, March 12, 2007

Time Change

My daughter said this morning, "Mommy it's still dark outside everyone else is sleeping."

I thought to myself, how in the heck am I going to explain this daylight savings time to a 4 year old? I think it's a load of crap myself. I mean, it'll take us three or four weeks to get our bodies adjusted to this "new time". I know yesterday everytime I looked at the clock, I was like...well it's 4, now but really 3. It's just a headache. I know the reasoning behind it...but I'm NOT a farmer so I don't like it!!! *Sigh* That's my rant for the day. Happy Monday ya'll!

12 comments, add yours here:

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

hehehe - That is something we don't have in africa! When I was
in the States the DST kicked in - it had the lot of us very confused for a while!!! lol

Kara said...

Yeah, DST stinks! I needed that hour of sleep!

Linda said...

I am so WITH you on this! I had just gotten used to getting up in the mornings, sort of, because it was starting to get light earlier and now - bam! - back to the cold and dark! When it's cold and dark, I don't want to be anywhere except snuggled under the blankets!

~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

About the only way I can explain it to my kids is to say that we have more playtime at night. It's weird.

It's also stupid, IMHO!

Shaz said...

I agree . . . lets start an on-line protest/meme/tag march against time changes. . . . lol

Travis Cody said...

I'm not a fan of the time change. It was just starting to be light when I headed out the door to work. Now this morning it wasn't fully light until after 8am!

Yeesh!

And in another month or so, it'll be light until nearly 22:30!!

Cripes!

Oooops - I did it again. I ranted on someone else's blog.

Neila said...

I'm right there with you, sister! My son informed me today that it wasn't time to get up yet because "the sky is still closed!" Dude! How do you argue with that?

Abigail S said...

I feel the same about moving the clocks forward.

But I LOVE moving the clocks back in the fall. An extra hour of sleep is great!

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

The thing I love is that my little darlings now wake up at 6am instead of 5am. (even if it is just because of the time difference, I'll take it!)

Becky L said...

the time change still has me in a bit of a haze. i'm REALLY tired; hopefully i'll adjust soon. I wake up w/ Hubby at 6:30... so now b/c of the change, its like i'm getting up at 5:30. ugg

Tisha! said...

drives me nuts especially when most of my contacts are in the US and we in Europe don't spring forward for till March 25th!

Barb said...

It's so much better in the Fall when we get an extra hour!