Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Play Dough

HIPPY- Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters. HIPPY is a home-based, parent focused, early childhood program that utilizes a curriculum to promote parent-child educational interactions. My daughter and I participate in this program. Tonight's lesson was to make "play dough". Ingredients: 4 Cups Flour, 1 Cup Salt, 1 tsp oil, 1 Cup water. Mix it all together and you've got hours of fun for a child. this lesson helps them to develop fine motor control as well as eye-hand coordination. When they create with the play dough they also use their imagination. We did have fun playing. There was quite a mess to clean up afterward, but it was fun.

4 comments, add yours here:

Becca said...

Did you use food coloring to make different colors?

Barb said...

Oh gosh.. I used to make that AGES ago!!! What fun it was :)

Mike said...

Sounds like fun. I don't remember doing that when I was a kid although I do remember making paste out of flour and water.

Crazy Working Mom said...

I didn't add food coloring. The less mess, the better. I didn't want to have to worry 'bout stains.