Friday, January 07, 2011

Goodbye Looking at the Sky on Friday

Photobucket

It is with a sad heart that I post that I am hanging up my Looking at The Sky on Friday hat.  It has been a great run, but time just does not permit me to host a meme as I should.  I do not have time to visit others and I do not think it is fair to host a meme and not visit the participants.  It has been 3 weeks since I posted a McLinky to a LATSOF post and nobody has comment or e-mailed, so I think it is safe to say that the meme has run it's course.  Please accept my deepest and greatest gratitude when I say THANK YOU to those of you who participated, whether it was once, twice, or every week.  I appreciate you and I am very sorry that I might not have gotten around to reciprocate a visit.
Maybe some day in the future, I will try to host it again but right now my family is top priority and I can no longer fit LATSOF into my busy schedule.

Thank you!

-Tisha

16 comments, add yours here:

Patti said...

I totally understand, Tisha! Life gets in the way of blogging, unfortunately.

Ironically I posted a LATSOF sunset pic yesterday.

Take care and see you on FB.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thanks, Patti! :) I will still be blogging, just felt so guilty about not being able to return visits to my loyal LATSOF participants that I felt it unfair to keep posting.

Thanks so much for your continued support.

Ralph said...

I totally get it! Yet, your children are small and I can say for sure that they grow soooo fast - ours are 22 and 20, yet it seems so fast that they are BIG. I remember so much from when they were the age each of your are now. It goes too quick, so your family life holds so many memories, you don't want to miss any of it!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thanks, Ralph! The support from you and Patti means so much to me!! :)

Kim said...

I was just thinking this morning that it had been awhile since I participated and thought I would look back into getting into the swing of things with this meme. I totally understand and if and when you start up again I'll be there. :)

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thanks, Kim!

bcmomtoo said...

I'm going to miss it! I was out of town so missed the last couple weeks, but I posted last night - and couldn't find anywhere to post my link.

You aren't the only one who doesn't have time to visit. The visits and comments from everyone have really slowed down. I try to visit as many as possible when I participate, but it's just not possible to get around to everyone.

Crazy Working Mom said...

So sorry, Anna! You are welcome to post your link here in the comments if you'd like...there may be others in similar situations. I appreciate your loyal support!

Race said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear that because I really love this meme and got plenty of shots from our beach vacation to post in the coming weeks. I actually posted mine 3 weeks ago but never got to comment and link it on your LATSOF post because we're always on some church activities which are the reasons also for my missing out two Fridays.

Anyway you must be really busy as most mothers are and like me there are priorities in life you want to focus. Still I'm going to miss the meme and you Tisha. Nice knowing you!

Actually I've posted my entry yesterday at http://www.horizonsweb.info/2011/01/looking-at-sky-on-friday-110.html

Regards and take care!

Patti said...

Hi Tisha,
Just read your note to Anna so I decided to post my link.

http://patti-latebloomerboomer.blogspot.com/2011/01/looking-at-sky-on-friday.html


Thanks again for a fun meme!

EG CameraGirl said...

So sorry this is the end of LATSOF but your family is definitely more important than a meme! All the best in 2011!

I did post a photo:
http://moreofme24.blogspot.com/2011/01/todays-sunrise-sky-watch.html

Crazy Working Mom said...

@ Race: Thanks so much for the kind words. Maybe some day I can properly host LATSOF again, but for now it's just not in the cards. I am glad to have gotten to know you from this meme and hope that you will still visit from time to time if you are able.

@ Patti: Thanks, those that posted might want to visit! :)

@EG WOW: SO glad to have had you participate all of this time. Thank you so much.

betty-NZ said...

As the others have stated, your family is more important, so we understand.

I've been on holiday, too, and this is my post that would have been up

http://myworldthrumycameralens.blogspot.com/2011/02/queen-charlotte-sound.html


Go take care of your family!

Ladynred said...

Would it be alright if I take over for hosting the meme?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful venue you have provided for us, Tisha. I posted with you a few times and enjoyed it immensely. Of course we all understand how life gets in the way of our blogging, but I'm sure we all appreciate having had the chance to be part of your great meme. Take care...

Lynette

Ruby said...

i miss this meme for sometime..i even did not participated to my fave memes including this since i also don't have much time to comment and visit..it was fun joining this meme for some time..thanks Tisha!