Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mommy, Some Day I Want to Be Baptism-ed

Tyler said to me this afternoon, "Mommy, I liked your dunking thing".

With a smile I reply, "My baptism?".

He says, "Yes, Mommy and some day I want to be baptism-ed".

This would make me very proud, son!

Today, May 23, 2010 in front of some of the most influential and important people in my life, I was baptized! My husband, thhe man who has stood by me through thick and thin was there. My life partner, the person who knows me and still loves me. The man who fathered the my three children, and most importantly the man who also loves Christ as HIS father! My children were there, to witness my decision to love my life for the Lord. This meant so much to me, to show my children the importance of this decision. My mother and father-in-law were there to show their support. Two of the most wonderful people that God could have ever placed in my life. They have been there for me in the absence of my parents. My mother-in-law is such a beautiful soul and I love her as my own mother. She's a Godly woman and I am so glad that I have had her to look up to over the years.  My little sister was also there. My sister has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. She has always stood beside me no matter what. She has been such an inspiration to me in her faith. For that I thank her. I thank her for shining her light for me to see. I was proud to have my brother-in-law there as well, a proud Christian man. To my family, I say thank you for your support and to my new family in Christ, if any of you make your way here let me say thank you so much for your support and love.

6 comments, add yours here:

Misty DawnS said...

Congrats to you, my friend. This was a very special and important day, and I'm so glad that people you care about and look up to were there to witness and celebrate with you. And, Tyler - he's priceless - I adore that kid!

I joined the church and was baptized at one of the lowest parts of my life. I realized that without God and his guidance and support, I would have given up and not been able to survive what I was going through. My whole existence is because HE carried me when I could not possibly have gone on by myself.

Lori said...

Congratulations Tish. So glad you made this decision.

Patois42 said...

Oh, what a fabulous day! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the flock!

jen said...

Congratulations! My hubby was baptized May 4. It is a wonderful thing to celebrate :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!