Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Congrats are in order!

The bestselling titles from 2009 have been announced. The Twilight Saga novels hold the top four spots for the second year in a row! “No other author – not even JK Rowling – has done that in the list’s 16-year history.” says USA today.
The bestselling books of 2009 are:

1. Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer
2. New Moon, also by Stephanie Meyer
3. Breaking Dawn another by Stephanie Meyer
4. Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
5. A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle
6. The Shack, by William P. Young
7. The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow
8. The Tales of Beedle the Bard, by J. K. Rowling
9. Brisingr, by Christopher Paolini
10. The Appeal, by John Grisham

And The Host comes in at #19 (by Stephanie Meyer)

AND THAT’S NOT ALL!

Twilight was the best-selling novel of the 00’s, despite only being published in 2005!

Congratulations to Stephenie Meyer for accomplishing such a feat! Now I must go wash myself with phisoderm soap as I have had too much excitement for one day. ;)

4 comments, add yours here:

Mo and The Purries said...

Congrats to Ms. Meyer. It gives me hope that one day, I can be published.

Linda said...

Is it sad that the only ones that I've read are the Stephanie Meyer books - including The Host??

Jen Mc said...

WOW! Being a library employee - this is a great list to see. Thanks!
Kudos to Ms. Meyer!!!!
Have a SUPER week.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Not sad to me, Linda! I'm with ya. ;)