Monday, July 20, 2009

Reflections, I'll bet you can see yourself in those eyes!

Let me start out by saying THANK YOU to everyone who has sent me message and e-mails asking about my back. I am feeling much better now, and hopefully I will not have this happen again. I bought Emily a new car seat. I got her a seat that we can rear face for the next couple of months, until she turns a year old.

She is almost a year old!!!
Where on earth has the time gone?!?! I just can't believe it. My baby girl is babbling all of the time now, and is starting to repeat simple phrases. Yesterday she let go of the chair and took two steps to the couch. It won't be long now and she'll be all over the place and then we're all in trouble! She's also getting some hair now. This makes mommy very happy as she will hardly keep the head wraps on her head anymore. She pulls them off usually before I can even get them on her head. Hopefully when she gets a little hair I can clip then on and maybe she will leave them in place, although I am not getting my hopes too high because I don't feel like she is going to care much for bows.

Daily I am reminded of just how much this little girl is following in the steps of her big brother. She's not afraid of anything and will not back down from anyone! If she wants something she will do her best to get it no matter who or what she has to climb, pinch, or poke to get it. In the photo she is trying to get the glass of sweet tea that you see in the bottom corner of the photo. She has learned to flash that million dollar smile, bat those eye lashes over those crystal blue eyes and shake her head yes as I am shaking mine no. I know it will only be a matter of time before she's dating, driving, and searching for the best acne treatment. But for now I am enjoying my baby girl while I still can.

8 comments, add yours here:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe she is almost a year old!!! This will sound weird, but I remember when she was born and reading all about it!!
Incredible how fast it all goes by!

I was holding my "little" one the other night just before bed and I stopped and remembered how her tiny preemie body was so small in my one arm. Now I can't even come close to holding her with just one arm!!

LOVE the picture!

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh.... she's starting to walk. Your days are numbered...LOL! She'll be breaking little boy hearts, fer sure....LOL!

Anonymous said...

Walking already? You're done for! hahaha!

Akelamalu said...

Oh my they grow up so quickly don't they? Our youngest grandchild is now 3 and the eldest is 10 this month!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my, what a doll!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Desert Songbird said...

Those babies sure do grow much to quickly, don't they. *sigh*

Travis Cody said...

Sounds like she's developing the skills that will get her through being the youngest!

Supernova Tanning Bed said...

Wow! I love those blue eyes; you are indeed a lucky Mom to have her around. Happy Birthday to you little sweetie.