Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ten Things You Probably Didn't Know About ME!

I was tagged by Dayngr over at Dayngrous Discourse for the Ten Things Meme. I've done this one before but it's been a while. So, I thought I'd give it a whirl. So, here goes...ten things you might not know about me.
1. My sister was really sick when we were younger, quit breathing, went to the hospital, etc. When she came home, I told my mom I did not want her to sleep with me anymore. I was scared she'd die in bed with me!
2. I collect Disney movies.
3. I have a 10 year old sister who lives in Texas. I haven't seen her since she was 4. It makes me sad. 
4. I still have old notes and letters passed between my friends and I from high school (12 years ago!)
5. I've met The Platters. They came to our house when I was a kid. My mom made dinner for them and they sang for us. It was VERY cool!
6. I've had the same best friend for 19 years!!  I love you, Becca.  :)
7. I am scared to death of Freddie Krugar...the guy from A Nightmare On Elm Street.
8. I have a letter for my daughter that I wrote when I was 10.  I am going to give it to her when she turns 10. 
9. I still have the first dollar that I made from singing professionally.  It was part of a $100 (the total amount that I made) but I couldn't put the whole $100 bill in the scrapbook.
10. I've been blogging since November of 2004.

16 comments, add yours here:

Anonymous said...

I like this idea of 10 things. Thanks for sharing.

Sandee said...

My two favorites are the letter you wrote your daughter when you were 10. Now that's really cool, and that you are afraid of Freddie. Me too.

I'm sorry about your sister honey. That is indeed very sad.

Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I live in Colorado Springs, but spent most of my life in the South and miss it(not the humidity so much).

Toni said...

I still have some old letters from high school as well - but it is 18 years for me!!!

Anonymous said...

How cool that you met The Platters!!

Anonymous said...

I love the letter idea. I wish I had thought of something like that when I was younger. Would you believe Freddy scares me too? You just could never really get away from him because you have to sleep.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

the letter is wonderful!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

You wrote a letter for your daughter when you were only ten? That's so cool! But, uh, what are you going to give Emily when she turns 10??

Jamie, my youngest, likes Freddy Krueger - as well as Jason. She's a little off sometimes!

Anonymous said...

WOW... some neat stuff!

This must be making the rounds. I did this today, as well.

Have you gotten out and re-read the letter you wrote when you were ten? if so, how much did your perspective on life change?

Anonymous said...

I just threw out my old notes and letters. I figured it was best if my daughter never read them. They where 19 years old notes.

Cathy said...

That letter thing is neat. I love the Platters. I would have loved to meet them. I also HATE Freddie Kruger.

Callie Ann said...

Coolio stuff about you girlfriend!!!

Patois42 said...

Did you have to put his picture up there? I've never seen any of those movies or others of that ilk because I'm a chicken sh$t. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Sandra Carvalho said...

This is why I love this sort of memes!We actually get to know people and relate to them!
For instance:
-You've got a baby sister (And I got a baby brother!);
-Girl you hold on to the past!So do I!
-The letter to your daughter:Fabulous!
-The Platters were over your house:AWESOME!
-You sing professionally???WOW!
XOXO

Cheryl Wray said...

Great facts!!!! The letter to your daughter is so cool!!

I think it's so funny that you're scared of Freddy, and yet his picture is on your blog. LOL

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I love #8!!!