Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Sweet Little Girl

Thanks to all of you for your kind words this week.  It's been tough having to keep up with the family all while getting less sleep than I normally do with a newborn.  Emily was sick this week.  She started out with a bit of a stuffy nose which turned into a bit of a cough that progressed to vomiting and diareah with fever.  Unfortunately she decided to take on what the rest of the family has been kicking back and forth for the last two weeks.  She visited the pediatrician but since she's so young (only 5 weeks) there isn't much they can do for her at this point other than let it run it's course.  Thank goodness the fever is gone and she seems to be vomit free. 

Mommy was very proud of this sweet little girl.  She has learned to smile and she hasn't let this smile fade through out all of this.  She's been a good girl and hopefully this is a peek into her future.  She's a very happy baby.  She gets a bit upset when it's time for her bottle and I take a bit longer than she wants me to, but other than that she is pretty content with life.  This makes us both very happy!

15 comments, add yours here:

Unknown said...

She sure is a cutie! Glad she is feeling better.

Sandra Carvalho said...

OMG!She's so beautiful!
Love this pic girl!
Oh!I haven't forget about her treats! ;)
I hope to be able to go the city next week and take care of it.
xoxo

Patois42 said...

Lucky they're able to look that adorable in the midst of little sleep and all. Glad she's getting past the crud going around your house.

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm glad she's doing much better now. She such a sweet looking baby girl.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

she is so lovely! lucky mom!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxooxxoxooxox

Sandee said...

I'm so happy honey. I've been very concerned because she is so young. When babies are sick we just feel so helpless. I so remember.

Now about the smiling part. I think that's a requirement in the Black family. Just saying, since everyone has such a beautiful smile.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend honey. Off to the boat for us. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Akelamalu said...

What a little doll she is! :)

So glad to hear she's getting better Tisha. x

Linda said...

So glad that Emily is feeling better and I'm sure that makes you feel worlds better, too!

She has such a gorgeous smile, too - what a sweetie!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

What a precious pumpkin! Hope she is all better now!

storyteller said...

Aw … she’s so sweet with such a wonderful smile! I’m sorry Emily hasn’t been feeling well and hope she’s healthy again soon. I enjoyed the pumpkin patch photos too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you could eat that smile with a spoon!

Twisted Cinderella said...

She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

She is so precious. :)
By the way if you are in the shopping mood, this month we are offering a moving sale. Our entire collection is 25% off through the month of October. (Excluding sale items)Enter Taxi25 at checkout.
If not, then just stop by and say hello.

Travis Cody said...

What a face!

katherine. said...

what a sweetie.

boy...I sure hope I am still reading your weblog when these three are teenagers....by then it will be SO far behing me I can laugh at your life....

just kidding....teenagers are wonderful