Thursday, August 14, 2008

Survival, I have my doubts!

Parents Survival Kit
For the First Day of Kindergarten
Tea Bag - to remind you that you are Tea-riffic!!
Cotton Balls - to cushion the road ahead.
Paper Clip - to hold it all together.
Hershey Hugs - if you need a hug.
Hershey's kiss - remember to kiss your baby goodbye.
Tissue - to dry your tears.
Crayon - to color your days bright.

I received this care packet from Shelby's daycare teacher today. It's been a tough week for all of them. There are a lot of friends that she has made there which will not continue after she leaves. She is very nervous about starting Kindergarten and so am I. Tomorrow is her last day with the teachers and most of her "old" friends. The time has come for new friends and new opportunities. I am so proud of my little girl. I know that she will be fine on Monday, I just hope that I am!!!

3 comments, add yours here:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that was really a sweet thing for her to do for you! and shelby is so mature beyond her years, she will be fine. i promise...

hugs, bee
xooxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

She's going to be fine honey. She is an adorable little girls with a smile that can melt your heart. She's going to be just fine. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

katherine. said...

wow...what a big day in your family...I am sure she is going to do great...hope you too! amile